T-Shirt Forums banner

Good Servicing for your heat press?

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  xtina 
#1 ·
Has anyone any experience of repairing/servicing a heat press? Particularly Stahl or Jet Press brands? I am not in the US, and in deciding which one to buy, good service and serviceability is real important! If it's gonna take 3 days to get here, I need a part to be sent on the day I ask for it.

Am thinking of buying through Coastal as they seem to have a good rep and staff have been great (and patient!) dealing with my enquiries. With the warranty, do you go back to the distributor you bought from or the manufacturer?

Advice/comments/experiences good or bad - let me know and much appreciated.

#3 ·
I am a big fan of Coastal. I have bought 2 presses from them and both shipped with free shipping. Here is example of service. I ordered a Mighty press from them over the phone and waited to hear when it was being shipped. After several days I called and they said they are waiting shipment as they were out of stock. (Very popular model 15 x 15). This upset me because the girl who took my call should have told me this. And the one I was complaining to made a statement 'Sorry about that." that was an unacceptable answer and I asked for a supervisor. I got Kim on the phone who knew customer service like no other. She apologized for everyone and said she was going to have the manufacturing company direct a press to me directly. I got my press but was upset that it had a slight nick in the handle where 2 pieces of metal cross. Very livable but not right. I called Kim to thank her for getting me the press as I had a major tee job waiting. I told her about the nick and then she got upset and said had the unit come directly from them that would not have been the case so she sent a new one to me and had the other one picked up but told me to do my job with the one I had and I did.That is customer service. I would use them again and I do buy paper from them.

#6 ·
Thanks Lucy. Like most people here, the heat press will be the biggest investment for my business, and we all want to get it right! Looking at the threads, the general feel from the forum seems to be that most presses are absolute work horses that don't quit (that's what I want!) and that if you buy from a reputable manufacturer and distributor, they'll sort you out if you're unlucky enough to get the one bad apple in the batch - so that's what I'll do!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.