T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there!

im a newbie in the tshirt business with my partner. i would just like to sek help from those who are experienced in the tshirt business. how can i best know a good shirt from a shirt that easily shrinks and would just fade from laundering?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Do research, buy samples and test them out, don't buy the cheapest shirt out there!!!

Other than that, some of the things you can look for in a quality shirt are shoulder to shoulder neck taping (a strip of fabric that covers the neck seam on the inside of the shirt to strengthen and re-inforce it), double needle stitching around the shirt's hem and sleeves, and some shirts have an extra stitch running around the neckline to give extra strength to the neck (to avoid the neck loosing its shape after repeated washing and wear). You can look for side seams on the shirt, which help it to hold its shape, give a better fit, and guard against shrinkage-- vs. a tubular shirt which has no seams running down the sides. And, you can look for a high quality cotton material, such as ringspun or combed ringspun. These are just some of the basics that you can easily spot in a high quality shirt!

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts