T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen this question asked a bunch of times on this forum and found a great tutorial on Planetphotoshop.com called Printing Separations in Color. Check it out HERE

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have been looking this info for awhile, knew someone would post somewhere.
I did my first color separation using PS, but having something in writing is good.

Thanks

I've seen this question asked a bunch of times on this forum and found a great tutorial on Planetphotoshop.com called Printing Separations in Color. Check it out HERE

·
Registered
168 Posts
Keep in mind this is an OK method for what we call butt-to-butt printing on a WHITE ONLY. If you have a different color shirt you will have to add a plate and play with it a little.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Keep in mind this is an OK method for what we call butt-to-butt printing on a WHITE ONLY. If you have a different color shirt you will have to add a plate and play with it a little.

Add a plate? Come on you are responding to people who does not know. Break that down.

·
Registered
168 Posts
well each seperation is refered to as a plate, in 4 color process (CMYK) the inks which are used are far more transparent. So this is OK for printing on a white garment, however when you print on a colored shirt you wont get the colors right becaue of the color of the shirt showing througfh the opacity of the ink. So you will have to add an additional place (mostly a white) to print under all these other colors. Also you will have subtract some of the white plate around the edges so that the white doesn't show. On some designs there are different areas that will knockout to the shirt color, and thats were it gerts tricky doing that white plate (sometimes refered to as flash plate).

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Add a plate? Come on you are responding to people who does not know. Break that down.
Make demands? Come on, you are responding to people who are helping you out of the goodness of their heart. Break down the attitude.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Make demands? Come on, you are responding to people who are helping you out of the goodness of their heart. Break down the attitude.
you get attitude from my response? interesting...thanks for "breaking it down." lol

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
I read it that was as well.

LJ, What your asking is a tall order. I believe Scott F. sell dvds on this subject at U.S. Screen Print and Inkjet Technology. you might check that out. Separating in photoshop is not easy and takes quite some time to learn. When you dont know much about the software to begin with , well just makes it that much harder to lear/teach.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts