T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Current batch model. Orders from today.
Quick Auto On and Off Halogen Heater will dry ink faster.
Textile benefit:
Dark: CYMK will print on dryer white ink base. Reduce CYMK wet gain.
Light: Shirts (garment) is warm so ink will sit (dry) fast before smear out (wet gain).
NeoFlex heating system is on top (inside of printer, face down) and use reflector to focus area.
There is wall which will protect heat to Printhead. Tested so long no too long.

Solvent Benefit is far greater.
Open surface of plastic, aluminum -- etc.
These items have greater wet gain (ink spread out on surface) than textile. Ink dries before wet gain. It will create crispy image noticeably different.
GOOD THING IS FREE!!!!

Vacuum is available who want to print flexible material. Banner, Paper, vinyl, signs, sublimation poly or paper --etc.
But since pump and fittings are so expensive. It cannot be free. But not expensive at all. Much cheaper than screen printer vacuum bed. 1/3 price.

Drive shaft
Upgrade to 3/4" think from 1/2". What is the different?
Bigger it is accuracy is higher.
Guarantee perfect registration after many years.
Stable.
Last longer without wear out.
If anyone thinks “OK AA increase to ¾” from ½” so it will be better 50%”. Wrong! Much more!!!
Formula is (0.75/2) x (0.75/2) x 3.185(pie)=0.4479 vs. (0.5/2) x (0.5/2) x 3.185 = 0.197
More than double!!!! 2.274 time more. On same teeth distance.
Cost AA double too. L
But FREE!!!

Hight sensor is option but I do not see big benefit because we already have guards. If you want to have one we will attach for you for FREE too. Ask when you place the order.

So machine price will go up? Nope. We will maintain lowest price. We manufacturing big batch (60- 100) at a time helps me reduce mfg cost. So we could afford free upgrades.

Thank you for all your supports and this is one of my way to show you my appriciation.
Good night to all!!!
Chreeeeers!! Beers are on me always.
Wines to wine lover also.
Any drinks --. I love to see people drink and have good time!! But no DUI please.

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like a real nice machine. I would like to see one up close one day. Is the coffee on you to?
You should see one day.
If coffee is drinkable yes it is. I said "any drinks". Free Fresh coffee/water in our booth on any show. Just drop by and save money.
ps: I use Starbucks only. :)

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
The difference is, apparently your engineers must have underbuilt this machine. If it were 1/2", over the length needed, the weight would have started to droop it. This of course would have caused major complications with the machines. If it's warped, it would be like screwing in a bent screw. It doesn't work too well. That's my guess as to why it's been upgraded. You would have poor print quality over a period of time, extra wear on motors and some shaking of the machine.

And I thought you said it was 100%?? Are you offering free upgrades to the 100's of machines you say are on the market? This is a serious design flaw that I think would require a free upgrade. Yes, No?

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Jerid
very good point but you sounds like you never owned any new car in your life. Do you really think 3year Mercedes is same as this year? If you own 3 year old car and go to dealer ask give you all the upgrade for free then what it will happen?
They might think you are loco big time. Why don't you try? And tell me how it went. If you own any new car. Good luck
cheers!!! Beers are on me.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Jerod
very good point but you sounds like you never owned any new car in your life. Do you really think 3year Mercedes is same as this year? If you own 3 year old car and go to dealer ask give you all the upgrade for free then what it will happen?
They might think you are loco big time. Why don't you try? And tell me how it went. If you own any new car. Good luck
cheers!!! Beers are on me.
If a car is built with a design flaw that causes problems and could potentially be dangerous, they send out recalls. Those recalls are at no cost to the customer, and are replacements to the problematic parts.

This is generally the same concept. If something is under designed and overall effects the integrity and longevity of the product, then it should be treated the same way as a recall.

I was just surprised because I know you keep saying how you have 100% customer satisfaction. I just figured something like this you would go above and beyond to prove that point.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
All I can say is, no company IN THE WORLD has 100% customer satisfaction. I've heard complaints from your company before and problems with your machines, just like any other. This by definition is NOT 100% customer satisfaction. People can be satisfied with the way you handle things, but dissatisfaction is what causes someone to have to even call (most of the time) contact customer support.

I just think it's a misrepresentation of your product if you are upgrading things that are necessary for the proper performance of your machine. If they were just upgrades to have "extras" that's one thing, but when they are upgrades because of design flaws, then your machine could not give 100% satisfaction.

That's all I'm saying....

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I don't have a dog in this fight but now my curiosity is peaked, is there a design flaw in the NeoFlex? or is this just a design change to ward off a potential problem? I know manufactures at times make design changes to machinery because they are either trying to save money or correct a problem, it would seem odd to increase the diameter of this part (added cost) if there wasn't a potential problem or at least some issue that was being addressed.

Is it to make the machine run smoother or quieter?

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
How many of the upgrades can be fitted to existing Neoflex Printers?

1. Quick Auto On and Off Halogen Heater will dry ink faster.

2. Vacuum is available who want to print flexible material. Banner, Paper, vinyl, signs, sublimation poly or paper --etc.

3. Drive shaft - Upgrade to 3/4" think from 1/2".

4. Height sensor is option.

Cheers

John

·
Registered
104 Posts
is it possilbe to buy the halogen heater only ?
I have been trying to find something like that for my printer.....

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I look forward to seeing you - I'll be there from 21st til the end of the show.

2 G-Jets! Blimey :) do you keep them busy?

I wouldn't think it would be to difficult to put something togrthrt to make a halogen heater/dryer independent of the printer.

John

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
This is generally the same concept. If something is under designed and overall effects the integrity and longevity of the product, then it should be treated the same way as a recall.
I really wish BQ had this mentality, back when they were selling the Flexi-Jet........ There was a machine that was under designed - its great that they have learned from this, and decided to handle all customer complaints in the future if there are issues; this is a new thing, as most of us with "under developed" Flexi's had to sell them at a personal loss, rather than the company stepping up and making them work right. Same thing happened with Kornit.

I just think it's a misrepresentation of your product if you are upgrading things that are necessary for the proper performance of your machine. If they were just upgrades to have "extras" that's one thing, but when they are upgrades because of design flaws, then your machine could not give 100% satisfaction.
I don't use the Neoflex, nor have I seen one in person yet (so I don't have an opinion one way or another), but I am indeed curious - Jared, do you have reason to believe that this is a result of a "design flaw" rather than an upgrade to add long term reliability to the machine? Was the previous drive shaft causing problems for machine owners? Those seem like fairly bold and direct accusations (which Peter would have been lambasted for, had he posted a claim like that about someone else's printer) - you must have privy information. Care to share? I have been watching the development of various Epson based printers in recent months, and as a potential owner of one or more new printers in the next few weeks and months (time to expand!), these are the things that customers need to hear.

Jared, I disagree with something you are saying (I see the lack of shock on your face) - I don't think that the existence of customer complaints, negates 100% satisfaction (I am NOT backing up Peter's claim - I have no idea how satisfied or dissatisfied his customers are, although I have indeed read some positive reviews from some owners); in fact, I think that the ultimate measure of customer satisfaction comes AFTER the complaints have been raised, when it comes time for the company in question to step up to the plate and make things right. I understand this is a fledgling industry with plenty that still needs to be worked out; by its very nature, there will be problems along the way. However, when I have a machine in my shop and I tell a distributor or tech that I am having problems with said machine, I would expect the company to step in and correct the problem, so I could get back to the business of printing t-shirts! If this is done in a timely, friendly and fair manner, then I would still be a "satisfied customer" when all is said and done. If I am left to fend for myself, with no support for the product and issues that prevent me from printing at full capacity (or at all), then I would get rid of the machine and end as a dissatisfied customer - it would then take that company a looooong time to prove that they could change their stripes and deliver on newer promises, down the road.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
I really wish BQ had this mentality, back when they were selling the Flexi-Jet........ There was a machine that was under designed - its great that they have learned from this, and decided to handle all customer complaints in the future if there are issues; this is a new thing, as most of us with "under developed" Flexi's had to sell them at a personal loss, rather than the company stepping up and making them work right. Same thing happened with Kornit.
This may be the case, I'm not sure. As you know, I stepped out at that time. But it was still my understanding that all sales and service was supposed to be through DDM, not Belquette.

I don't use the Neoflex, nor have I seen one in person yet (so I don't have an opinion one way or another), but I am indeed curious - Jared, do you have reason to believe that this is a result of a "design flaw" rather than an upgrade to add long term reliability to the machine? Was the previous drive shaft causing problems for machine owners? Those seem like fairly bold and direct accusations (which Peter would have been lambasted for, had he posted a claim like that about someone else's printer) - you must have privy information. Care to share?
If you go back and look at my original response, Peter mentioned "what's the difference", when he was talking about the 1/2" to 3/4". I was clarifying why a manufacturer would even consider changing a major part of this nature. There is no need to upgrade unless problems were being noticed. I wasn't claiming people were having problems, I was talking more of what would happen when using 1/2" as opposed to 3/4". If there were not problems, then Peter could have easily clarified that no one was having them. Since he did not, then it is still left unanswered.

I have been watching the development of various Epson based printers in recent months, and as a potential owner of one or more new printers in the next few weeks and months (time to expand!), these are the things that customers need to hear.
This is something that other users could share with your, obviously I wouldn't know. But out of the hundreds of machines claimed to be on the market, only a couple people are on this forum, so it's hard to get a user's perspective.

Jared, I disagree with something you are saying (I see the lack of shock on your face) -
hahahahaha

I don't think that the existence of customer complaints, negates 100% satisfaction (I am NOT backing up Peter's claim - I have no idea how satisfied or dissatisfied his customers are, although I have indeed read some positive reviews from some owners); in fact, I think that the ultimate measure of customer satisfaction comes AFTER the complaints have been raised, when it comes time for the company in question to step up to the plate and make things right. I understand this is a fledgling industry with plenty that still needs to be worked out; by its very nature, there will be problems along the way. However, when I have a machine in my shop and I tell a distributor or tech that I am having problems with said machine, I would expect the company to step in and correct the problem, so I could get back to the business of printing t-shirts! If this is done in a timely, friendly and fair manner, then I would still be a "satisfied customer" when all is said and done. If I am left to fend for myself, with no support for the product and issues that prevent me from printing at full capacity (or at all), then I would get rid of the machine and end as a dissatisfied customer - it would then take that company a looooong time to prove that they could change their stripes and deliver on newer promises, down the road.
I agree. Customer support is an integral part of the customer experience and does factor in at what percentage a customer is happy or not. IMO, when people have problems, there are negative experiences associated with product. How the company handles the situation does help the overall effect. The customer may be satisfied, but to have the problem to begin with reduces it from 100% satisfaction. Of course, they may be 100% satisfied with the way the problem was solved, but to have the problem to begin with takes away from the honeymoon of owning the machine. This happens with every manufacturer, and not one company has 100% customer satisfaction.

I was more or less pointing out the fact that Peter continues to say how he has 100% customer satisfaction, because it is misleading. It gives the picture that his machine is trouble free. I know you have tested so many machines and if you can honestly tell me that any of the machines you tested were 100% free of some kind of problem, then I will retract everything I've said up to this point.

If the machine was 100% as claimed, then there would not have needed some of these upgrades because they are an integral part of the system. In a very round about way, I guess that was what I was trying to get at. I guess I just like to type. ;)

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
If you go back and look at my original response, Peter mentioned "what's the difference", when he was talking about the 1/2" to 3/4". I was clarifying why a manufacturer would even consider changing a major part of this nature.
I see! Maybe there was a miscommunication somewhere, because I didn't read that post as a literal question, rather a rhetorical question which was then expanded upon when he wrote:

Drive shaft
Bigger it is accuracy is higher.
Guarantee perfect registration after many years.
Stable.
Last longer without wear out.
If anyone thinks “OK AA increase to ¾” from ½” so it will be better 50%”. Wrong! Much more!!!
Formula is (0.75/2) x (0.75/2) x 3.185(pie)=0.4479 vs. (0.5/2) x (0.5/2) x 3.185 = 0.197
More than double!!!! 2.274 time more. On same teeth distance.
Cost AA double too. L
But FREE!!!
Sounded like he was simply going into detail about the benefits of using a larger diameter drive shaft; some improvements are more about long term performance, I think, rather than "fixing an inherent quality issue". (is there really a difference? like so many things, that is debatable)

I was more or less pointing out the fact that Peter continues to say how he has 100% customer satisfaction, because it is misleading. It gives the picture that his machine is trouble free. I know you have tested so many machines and if you can honestly tell me that any of the machines you tested were 100% free of some kind of problem, then I will retract everything I've said up to this point.
I guess this is another example of how we are each interpreting the statements, differently; I still wouldn't make the leap to say that someone who claims "100% satisfaction" is claiming they have a "trouble free machine" - I still categorize each, separately. Perhaps a small difference in interpretation, but a difference nonetheless. :)

At any rate, I agree with what you just said - there are NO 100% trouble free printers on the market, period!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
I see! Maybe there was a miscommunication somewhere,
That happens often!! I think I misunderstood to begin with. I do know 1/2" is way too thin for over the length it needs to be. The weight will eventually bend it, that is why a larger diameter is necessary. This bend will cause problems. I don't know if people have complained or where experiencing weird issues, but to upgrade it for "better accuracy" could indicate that is what was happening.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
At the same time, without some sort of indication to the contrary, you have to leave room for the possibility that some companies do make efforts to improve their products, when they identify areas that could be improved. I think we have already established that no perfect machine exists, so by that logic we should be seeing EVERY manufacturer continue to make tangible improvements to their products - when this occurs, I invite those people to come forward and share the physical improvements, so potential machine owners can make more informed decisions.

If the "improvements" were simply "fixes" in disguise, then that is a fair discussion; I just haven't heard anything like that, yet.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts