T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Idiot's Guide to Making a Picture on a T-Shirt

Hello!

I have been reading the forum for a couple of weeks and I have gleaned some great information! Thanks everyone!

I am also only interested in making shirts for personal use instead of for sale. I want them to look fantastic so I’d rather use a heat press. I have been reviewing all the talk on heat presses and there are lots of great suggestions for good heat presses for business use. I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for a good buy for personal use. I will mainly be sticking to t-shirts. However, if it is only a little more of an investment to have the versatility to make other things such as mouse pads, I’d be interested.

Also, are there any other essential accessories other than Teflon sheets?

Thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey there Chris, i just bought a HIX heat press and i was in the same boat as you..I searched the forums looking to see wich was the best brands and wich models were better then the rest, but like a car and others can agree its all preference, I went with HIX because I heard better reviews on it then others so maybe for personal use you can check into the 15x15 HIX PRESTO or maybe even a MIGHTY PRESS I heard alot of good stuff about them also, with wich ever press you go with check COASTAL BUSINESS SUPPY they have free shipping wich is really good and good prices.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
For purely personal use, you probably don't want anything larger (and more expensive than) a 15x15 press. An additional advantage to getting a 15x15 press is that it would be it would work fine if you ended up deciding to go professional at a later a date. You could go as small as a 9x12 press and still have enough room to press a full-sized print on normal paper - which would be cheaper, but a bit harder to use (less room to lay out the shirt; not a big deal on small, very difficult on 2XL). You can't really go wrong with choosing HIX as the company, though most other brands will generally perform fairly well too.

You might also look at getting a used press locally somehwere, which would probably run 2-3 times cheaper than a new one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts