T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well heres the story, I'm starting my brand "egoism brand" and decided instead of out sourcing Ill do it myself so six months down the line ill save money cause i wont have no minimums and print how much I want to print, so with that set, I been shoping around for a press and a drying which thats going to be the most exspenive stuff upfront,

So I found this

Silk Screen Equipment | Home Based Business T-Shirt Printing | Screen Printing Supplies | Flash Cure Unit | How To Print T-Shirt Video | Silk Screens | Silk Screen Now He offers a 2 color table top press with a screen misc. cleaning stuff and black and white ink, and a 16x16 flash dryer for 599, so 600 out the door , I was pretty set on this, (still looking on CL for other deals just incase)

So on my way home from work I passed by a small screen printing shop ( same warehouse thingy as mine but in the front) and got out and talked to one of the workers that i always say hi to on the way home, anyways we were bull ****ting and i was telling him my plan, and he told me he has a 4 color press 1 station he can sell me with a flash dryer larger then the 16 16 and its not a home made one like the one i posted about has a stand with wheels,,,

all for the price of 300 he said its older but works great ima look at it friday or sat and take some pics,

but for the price its half of that the other guys is and 2 more colors

anyways srry for the long post,anything i can look for to know how good the press is?

thanks

·
Registered
924 Posts
If it is too good to be true,...

Buy quality. I have seen too many people buy cheap equipment and lose customers because they could not produce quality because of the equipment.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Your going to find to do it right you will end up spending more money on good equipment and learning how to print the right way then you would outsourcing it to a good printer. We print for people all the time that are doing exactly what you are doing. If you get in with a good printer and bring them consistent work they will be more willing to do your low minimums. Sure your going to pay a little more up front until you prove that you are serious but in the long run it will be cheaper. You have to remember that if your trying to start a clothing line you need to focus on that not trying to learn how to print. That is job in itself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.