T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello my name is George and I would like some advice about starting out in the world of sublimation printing. I am a musician and hypnotist and have many contacts in the music and entertainment business. Mostly semi-pro bands and solo acts who would like a good deal on T-Shirts, Mugs, etc. What advice can you give me on buying budget equipment to supply this demand. We are maybe talking 50 items at a time. I currently do posters, flyers etc for bands. The posters I do are up to A3 on glossy paper. I noticed a few package deals for 4 in 1 up to 10 in 1 presses on ebay. On looking for a CISS for sublimation ink I was shocked to find that they come in at around £250 a shot (FILLED) and the bulk ink is not very cheap either. Anyway I have talked enough for now. Any help and advice would be very helpful.
Thanks.
George.
PS Can you print on transfer paper using ordinary ink or will that just fade in the wash?

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
George, I was hypnotized by you post. In this business you have to spend a little money to make some.
Some ink jet printer inks are OK for transfers but you didn't share with us what your using. On the count of three I will wake up...lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello John,
Yes, usually when you tell people you're a hypnotist you never make eye contact with that person ever again. OK I have an Epson R1400 printer with a CISS system which I find very economical. I use PRO-DYE Inks. I suppose what I was asking was I have seen these 10 in 1 presses that basically do anything and they are round about £500 which would be about $1000 I am willing to spend the money but I'm not setting up a huge business here so I was asking how much it woukd be to start up with a budget system. What concerns me is the price of sublimation ink. Will it be viable for me to do this. Don't get me wrong, I'm not in it to make huge profits, just enough to cover my costs and have some left over. Any advice would be appreciated. Oh yes, I nearly forgot......"You WILL send me the $1000 to buy the equipment" EYES OPEN......WIDE AWAKE!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts