T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everybody, I am wanting to order some material for doing signs and I dont know what I need. I see terms like Mask, premask and application tape. I dont even know what any of those are. I'm a garment guy so signs are a horse of a differant color. Anyway, does anyone have any recommendations as to what I should buy for an intitial purchase for doing signs?

I am just interested in the materials needed, I dont need a cutter.

Also I am wanting to do window decals, window signs, auto signs (like on the side of my business truck), corplast, banners and maybe even alumilite type stuff...

I am open to your suggestions.

Thanks,

· Registered
140 Posts
Signwarehouse.com. I requested a catalog and a salesman called me. I lucked up. I told him exactly what I was wanting to do and he set me up with everything I needed. Also, YouTube has some great instructional videos. Just search vinyl application.

Suzette70

· Registered
5,346 Posts
hey everybody, I am wanting to order some material for doing signs and I dont know what I need. I see terms like Mask, premask and application tape. I dont even know what any of those are. I'm a garment guy so signs are a horse of a differant color. Anyway, does anyone have any recommendations as to what I should buy for an intitial purchase for doing signs?

I am just interested in the materials needed, I dont need a cutter.

Also I am wanting to do window decals, window signs, auto signs (like on the side of my business truck), corplast, banners and maybe even alumilite type stuff...

I am open to your suggestions.

Thanks,
This a great business move. sign vinyl is cheap. You said you have a cutter. I really like wellington house. masking is also application tape. it comes in different widths. I use 20 inch wide a lot. You need to cover the sign after weeding. Also fellers is a good place to get what you need. I do truck, door, window, magnetic signs.

· Registered
1,945 Posts
This a great business move. sign vinyl is cheap. You said you have a cutter. I really like wellington house. masking is also application tape. it comes in different widths. I use 20 inch wide a lot. You need to cover the sign after weeding. Also fellers is a good place to get what you need. I do truck, door, window, magnetic signs.
hey Lou Wheres the sign shop videos?
:rolleyes:

· Registered
140 Posts
I just got my cutter this past week, so signwarehouse and specialty-graphics.com are the only vendors I have direct experience with thus far. I requested catalogs from several other vendors, including imprintables.com for tshirt vinyl. I like specialty-graphics.com because you can order a lot of their vinyl by the foot.

Suzette70

· Registered
65 Posts
Hey everybody I have a sign business and I get my stuff from fellers. Their site is Fellers.com as far as substrates I get some of that stuff from graphic solutions group out of Dallas. I have bought from signwarehouse in the past But fellers has 50 locations nationwide. This is really convenient for when I have a rush job and need to pick up my stuff the same day.

· Registered
5,346 Posts
Hey Lou. I ordered my cutter, a graphtec ce5000-60, and some supplies so now would be a good time for those sign videos. You know we all count on our video star.
I have a busy little world.. time is rare.. Did you know there are many videos on doing signs on youtube. At some point I will. Cutting a sign is easy.. putting it on is the challenge. The trucking company I do signs for do the application which is great for me. I just cut, weed, mask.. get paid.. what more can I guy ask for..

· Registered
1,945 Posts
" what more can I guy ask for.."
Some little elves that take care of all my little problems when I go to sleep at night?
Thats what I call my wife when she's not out of comission," My little magic elf" cause thats what she normaly does, takes care of all the little things (house keeping and laundry type things) after I go to bed at night. She is the sweetest thing most of the time.
BTW, I have watched most, if not all the vinyl sign and t-shirt videos on you tube but we always want more don't we? Thanks Lou and good luck.
Terry

· Registered
5,346 Posts
" what more can I guy ask for.."
Some little elves that take care of all my little problems when I go to sleep at night?
Thats what I call my wife when she's not out of comission," My little magic elf" cause thats what she normaly does, takes care of all the little things (house keeping and laundry type things) after I go to bed at night. She is the sweetest thing most of the time.
BTW, I have watched most, if not all the vinyl sign and t-shirt videos on you tube but we always want more don't we? Thanks Lou and good luck.
Terry
I need insperation.. send money.. LOL...

Lou

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.