T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I getting my website done and the person thats doing it suggest I use Godaddy for hosting. Is that a good hosting place or is there better out there. If anyone knows more about this let me know.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
hct1020 said:
I got my domain on register.com
I think the original poster was looking for webhosting, not a domain name.

You may want to shop around for domain names when your domain comes up for renewals. Register.com has pretty high prices.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but I find godaddy's site incredibly hard to look at. They jam so much info on one page, that it puts me off entirely.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I have about 8 domain names with GoDaddy, and 1 hosting account w/ SSL with them. IMHO, they're pretty easy to setup a site quickly, once you've figured out the navigational layout. My ecommerce site with them, however, is not as reliable as I'd hope. Mostly, the connection to their database server is not as reliable as my other host. It's nothing major if your site doesn't have a lot of traffic but can be a pain if it's a huge site. I run a highly active forum, using another webhosting company, so my definition of uptime is a lot more demanding. I think they're quite affordable if you're starting out. :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
GoDaddy works great for me...and it's only 3.99 per month.
You can get it as low as 3.19 is you pay upfront for 24 months.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have 4 sites living on GoDaddy and I've never had a problem with them. I don't use the ecommerce side of them though. They are a good cheap solution for throwing a site up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts