T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new printer this morning, but due to the lack of sleep, I printed a transfer on the wrong side, and didn't realize it until I pressed.

I was able to remove the transfer, but there's glue stuck on the heat press.
I've tried the white paper trick, but the glue image is still there.

Can anyone help? Many thanks!

Aimee

·
Registered
282 Posts
If you need to "scrape" and it's a teflon platen. I let my press cool so it above warm (versus piping hot) and spray with Simple Green and gently "scrape" with heat resistent silicone spatula from the kitchen. I wipe with old t-shirt.

If aluminum platen...you may oxidize your platen by cleaning with steel wool....info shared from another board.

Also, I really love Reynold's Baking Parchment Paper. Not only in lieu of a teflon sheet (which I have) but what I do is place a sheet down and gently lower my upper platen and wiggle over the parchment paper.

I have a swing press. I then lift and see if there's any residue on the parchment paper. Then I do a visual inspection and wipe down again.

It really is not fun when you go to press your next shirt and you get residual
transfer on a new blank.

This happened a few times with the Hanes "Tagless" t-shirts. That "Tagless" information does melt and get on your upper heat platen.:( I try to not make the same mistake twice.

Welcome to the heat press world!;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts