T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
el guapo said:
Are there inks out there for cool glow in the dark effects with screening?
Absolutely. Have you tried just asking your ink supplier for them? I would have thought they'd be a common enough item.

The results are really good too - they've come a long way since even ten or fifteen years ago.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Yep, I have some shirts that I get printed with glow in the dark inks and they look great.

If you are getting your shirts printed through a screen printer (not doing it yourself), then your printer should be able to get the inks for you.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
lawaughn said:
Can these shirts be washed 50 times and not loose their glow?
I have one glow in the dark shirt that I've had for about three years. I've probably only washed it something like 10-20 times (I have a lot of t-shirts and don't wear it as often as some others). At this point it shows absolutely no signs of wearing out.

So while I don't know for sure, my opinion would be that they wear as well as any other print (and are dependent on the usual factors of being printed well, cured properly, washed carefully, etc.). It wouldn't surprise me if the phosphorescence outlasts the garment in the same way that good quality printing is often guaranteed to outlast the garment.

·
Registered
80 Posts
There is a glow in the dark heat transfer vinyl on the market as well. Comes in Lime, Blue & Pink (all glows lime though).
I couldn't find this one the market anywhere (not Imprintables, some of the others, google etc). Anyone know of it's whereabouts?

Maybe they took it back off the market?

Might have to pm Josh in a week...:) :eek:

t2

1 - 15 of 15 Posts