T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im having a little trouble finding anyone who carries this ink.
I usually order from the states, via Mail order. So if you know of a distributor who does mail order that'd be great.
Has anyone used this ink? how does it work? is it easy to work with? What about longevity?

ALSO, i have seen a product called "Solar Change" ink. Apparently it changes form clear to colour, when you go into the sun. This is interesting to me, because a gimmick like htat could benefit a small clothing company!

If you have used or heard of these inks, please let me know. thanks!

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
I did a quick search for the word: glow in the t-shirtforums searchbox
:searchbox:

and I found this cool thread that should help give you some good info about glow in the dark inks:
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/showthread.php?t=2077&highlight=glow

You can find more related threads if you scroll to the bottom of this page and look at the "Similar Threads" area.

I've had shirts screen printed with glow-in-the-dark inks and they look really nice.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Rodney,
I have found someone who provides a Powder additive that will give any ink the glow feature.
Does anyone have any experience with this stuff?
It makes the ink glow in the colour that the ink appears in daylight, i guess.
So in theory, you could use a clear gel style ink, and add the powder, and have an almost invisible GID print?
that would be pretty cool, i thinks.
Anyways, if anyone has any experience with these inks, or now Additives! please share your ever important knowledge.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
provides a Powder additive that will give any ink the glow feature.
That's what my printer uses.

Does anyone have any experience with this stuff?
It makes the ink glow in the colour that the ink appears in daylight, i guess.
Not first hand (mixing the powder), but I've seen the final product.

I've had a t-shirt with white ink with glow additive and a t-shirt with light green ink with glow addititive. They both glowed the same color (that light phosphorescent greenish color)

So in theory, you could use a clear gel style ink, and add the powder, and have an almost invisible GID print?
Hmm...that's an interesting question. So a black t-shirt with a clear gel ink with the glow in the dark powder. I'm not sure if the glow in the dark powder has a "white-ish" tint to it or not, or if the t-shirt would actually be "blank" until you saw it at night (that might be kinda novel).

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks Rodney, It look like ill go ahead and grab some of the powder. I think its around 30$ US for a pound. Ill go ahead and supercharge the mix and give it that "Fresh outta the toxic waste dump" look. As long as i explain its NOT plutonium, i should be fine.
hahaha

·
Registered
282 Posts
ffokazak said:
Or in theory you could print "powdered" black on black T-shirts?

Tapout sells a shirt with a black on black design and I think it really pops, but they're not just using plain old black ink because I tried it and it didn't turn out the same. Maybe this powder is what they put in it.

I'm going to have to investigate, because black on black is something I think that I would like to offer. ;) So this powder makes it glow in sunlight or in blacklight or both?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Try Black on black on black on black on black.... you get the picture. I use a ton of layers to achieve a glossy look on my B o B stuff!
Cheers

·
Registered
71 Posts
I use and like Glow-in-the-dark (incadescent) ink from Union Ink. i mainly use Union for all my inks and love the soft hand it produces (if ink is thick, get reducer, works amazing). Be sure you have designs and a good demographic that your designs will appeal to. This ink is around $52.00/quart so it's not something you want to "waste." Good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts