T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
If you are getting t-shirts screen printed, you can request that the printer use glow-in-the-dark inks. They turn out great.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
As Rodney said there's an additive for screenprinting ink to make it glow in the dark.

I'd also add that it works pretty well - not like the tacky crap from the early 90's.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Are you looking for a screen printer or a machine to buy?

If you're looking for a screen printer, just about any printer can get the ink additive to make glow in the dark. Just do some google searches or check your local phone book.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If your looking for screen printer for your glow in the dark effect, you can search it on google and you'll have loads of printing sites that will print it. They uses a type of inks that give the glow effect on material.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello,

I'm a newbie and interested in printing glow-in-the-dark shirts. I understand that it is more expensive than the ordinary inks used on shirts, may I know the ballpark figure on the diff of phosphorescent inks to the ordinary inks?

Would it be a better idea if I just supply the printer with that ink and if so, where do you think can I buy phosphorescent?

Thank you for your suggestions in advance. Im really hoping to get some advice. Thank you!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hello,

I'm a newbie and interested in printing glow-in-the-dark shirts. I understand that it is more expensive than the ordinary inks used on shirts, may I know the ballpark figure on the diff of phosphorescent inks to the ordinary inks?

Would it be a better idea if I just supply the printer with that ink and if so, where do you think can I buy phosphorescent?

Thank you for your suggestions in advance. Im really hoping to get some advice. Thank you!
There's a huge difference in price. The average ink costs around $50/gal. Phosphorescent ink is about $200/gal. So it's about 4 times as much. But as others have said, other than the price of the ink, it's no different to print with. So the only thing extra you should pay for is the extra cost of ink. But if you supply your own ink (if your screenprinter doesn't have it), then I'm sure that'll help with pricing. But the business aspect is all up to the business. But it's not unusual for people to bring in their own ink for certain jobs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank you for the reply but where can I possibly buy phosphorescent inks here in the Philippines? Are they available in hardwares or something?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Recently I've found powder in the internet, that glows in the dark. It is called luminophore. You can add it to the normal transparent ink, and then you can make glowing pictures and messages on the T-Shirt. It is awesome!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's carcinogenic and was causing severe results in people. Instead of Glow in the dark ink you can use UV ink, and in use of Tattoo Industry. it is considered safe, additionally working with it is unlike working with regular ink, its thinner, stays in the skin different and can be a pain to get decent coverage with.

Keep in mind, Glow in the dark has to be able to absorb light in order to emit light without a light source, whereas UV ink reflects light from a UV light source such as a black light.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's carcinogenic and was causing severe results in people. Instead of Glow in the dark ink you can use UV ink, and in use of Tattoo Industry. it is considered safe, additionally working with it is unlike working with regular ink, its thinner, stays in the skin different and can be a pain to get decent coverage with.

Keep in mind, Glow in the dark has to be able to absorb light in order to emit light without a light source, whereas UV ink reflects light from a UV light source such as a black light.
As for luminophore it is completely safe. It is a fine-grained non-flammable powder, and does not contain any radioactive isotopes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Luminophore is safe, and therefore can be used even in close contact with skin. Designs applied to fabric by means of screen-printing will be visible in the daytime (the colour is a pale yellow-green) and will shine brightly under weak light or even in its absence. Such designs keep their integrity after many washes.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Sorry, but I'm not offering to make one. But I have powder (Luminophore) and it's easy to make glowing T-shirts with it. Then you can sell them all over.
Okay thanks.
I emailed the company and waiting to here back.
Sounds like a cool thing. Wanna give it a try.
Can you say how much the powder was in cost and how much you got for that price ?

Thanks
Mark

1 - 20 of 35 Posts