T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have been noticing a lot of gloosy transfers that strech without cracking at the local hiphop stores does anyone know what type of transfer this is? Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
you dont even know how hard ive been looking for those glossy transfers and i cant find them anywhere but i'll keep looking and let you know. if you find anything let me know please!

·
Registered
5 Posts
thats what ive been thinking too so i'm buying a roland printer/cutter but there's still alot of different materials you can use. Either way i need it so we'll see

·
Registered
37 Posts
shirtmaine said:
Hello all, I have been noticing a lot of gloosy transfers that strech without cracking at the local hiphop stores does anyone know what type of transfer this is? Thanks

Hey shirtmaine, I have also seen those shirts and was wondering the same thing.Is there anyone out there that knows the answer?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well if the feel of it is rubbery, chances are it's a screenprinted with a Hi-Density gel, or some other specialty ink that's on the market. The vinyl tends to feel a little more plastic & as stated previously can be very expensive. Do some research on specialty inks & get some sample sent to you from some ink manufacturers. Hope this helps...

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I'm a little confused about the stretchability factor but I'll take a stab at the answer. I believe what you are looking for are the Inkjet For Darks transfer papers finished with a glossy overlay sheet. The sheets are available to purchase separately and are applied on top of the transfer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
JoshEllsworth said:
I'm a little confused about the stretchability factor but I'll take a stab at the answer. I believe what you are looking for are the Inkjet For Darks transfer papers finished with a glossy overlay sheet. The sheets are available to purchase separately and are applied on top of the transfer.
I believe this is going to be the closest answer I have found..Im going to try the glossy overlay paper.. keep in mind, the shirts the local hip hop shops are FULL COLOR IMAGES, or B&W IMAGES. I dont think any screenprinting is involved with this procedure.. its definitly some kind of heat transfer.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i think you guys are heading in the right direction. being from new york, i have seen those shirts all over the place, and i have heard that they are made with some form of a clear plastic sheet, that is heat pressed over the design! keep up the good work!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SonnyBam said:
I believe this is going to be the closest answer I have found..Im going to try the glossy overlay paper.. keep in mind, the shirts the local hip hop shops are FULL COLOR IMAGES, or B&W IMAGES. I dont think any screenprinting is involved with this procedure.. its definitly some kind of heat transfer.
The glossy overlay will make it glossy but it will not help it stretch.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts