T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just made an order for this glossy overlay paper. So while waiting for shippment to arrive I figured I would see what you experts have to say about this stuff. Supposedly it is gonna give a glossy look to the finished print?
Anyone use this stuff before, if so how did you like the results?
Thanks
Thomas

·
Registered
77 Posts
Fizz in the post above he is looking to apply the glossy film on a heat transfer. Are you saying that you can also put that glossy finish in the screen printing process also? You mention that it looks better if printed through a high mesh screen, that sounds like screenprinting to me, correct?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What are my other options as far as heat transfers go. All ive used is the parchment paper, and now this glossy over lay paper. Which I might add has turned out really good. I have printed a few shirts with this gloss stuff and WOW I am impressed. So what else is out there to make my designs look better on clothing? Any body ever use that glow in the dark paper?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Are you guys talking about the paper at tshirtpaper.com using the glossy overlays? I just ordered some and tried it today, I thought they turned out horrible. The glossy overlay made the shirt look worse than the parchment, in my opinion. I made a halfway decent transfer that looks okay and feels pretty bad, but I would never sell it. The paper is nearly impossible to peel the backing off. Is there some secret or something that I am not getting? I was pretty psyched about these transfers, I use transferjet ii paper for white shirts only and was looking to start doing black.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes this is the paper I am talking about. I think my designs look great with the glossy paper. Are you waiting for the paper to cool completely before peeling off the over lay paper? Ive only printed on black shirts so far. When the paper has cooled it just peels right off with no problems. I used the transfer paper from there as well so maybe its the paper you used causing it to stick?
Thomas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts