T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning All!!
I have a drill team that is needing "Glitter" tranfers for poly-mesh ladies football jerseys. They are wanting silver.. Bold Glitter.. I ordered a sample from Howard but when pressed the design doesnt "stand out" its kind of plain.. Any suggestions out there.. They are wanting a 7" letter with 2" team name above and 2" individual names for the back. thank you for any help.. I did request a quote from Versantranz but dont know how long till they get back to me.. I LOVE Howard Sportwear they are WONDERFUL to work with and NEVER had a problem but for this particular product it isnt going to work. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP......

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Does it have to be a transfer? Are you able to do vinyl cut? I think the Glitter Flex, or any other product like that would work better than an actual transfer because the material is thicker so you get more "pop". I've used the glitter heat press from Specialty Graphics and/or Sign Warehouse and it has been perfect. If you can't cut the items yourself, maybe you can get someone to cut for you and then you can press.

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
Thanks!
No I dont have a cutter so I have to order them. Thanks for the info though.
You can order pre cut vinyl from Stahls.com

Here are sample photo of Deco Sparkle that I cut myself.

[media]http://www.t-shirtforums.com/attachments/13757d1271562215-poor-mans-bling-navy-ts.jpg[/media]

[media]http://www.t-shirtforums.com/attachments/13756d1271562215-poor-mans-bling-navy-tf.jpg[/media]

Glitter or Sparkle vinyl made by Specialty Materials don't work on nylon. It works on Polyester Mesh.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Nick, in a process like that, what types/brands of vinyl would you recommend? I recall a while back trying to do a two color print on a t-shirt using the glitter and the regular vinyl, and the glitter would not stick. I do the nylon drawstring bags for my cheerleaders, and I would love to use glitter in that process.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Nick, in a process like that, what types/brands of vinyl would you recommend? I recall a while back trying to do a two color print on a t-shirt using the glitter and the regular vinyl, and the glitter would not stick. I do the nylon drawstring bags for my cheerleaders, and I would love to use glitter in that process.
I would recommend using Gorilla Grip II as the background and Cad Cut Glitter as the foreground.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts