T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we recently purchased the expert 24 lx. doing well with minor cutting and figuring things out EXCEPT --
cutting glitter heat press vinyl...it won't cut through the glitter ??? and here's a super dumb question: do you cut in reverse? So far we've only used sheets...no large rolls - and small things I've cut on the Cricut cut fine so is it something to do with the blade pressure and ... well... JUST HELP!! LOL

· Registered
178 Posts
Your should be mirroring your image in your cut program and cut on the smooth side (non glitter). A 60 degree blade is preferred. See below link for more info on which blade to use:

25° vs. 45° vs. 60° ... what blade do I use?? - Powered by Kayako Fusion Help Desk Software

You may also need to adjust your down force. Do it in small increments and refer to your users guide in regards what results a successful test cut will yield.

Lastly, follow the application instructions in regards to peeling the glitter after heat application.

· Registered
6 Posts
We have an Expert 24 (not the LX) and with the Stahls Glitter flake in sheets from their trial pack we got it to work pretty well after some playing around. We're pretty new to cutting vinyl so I know how it can be sometimes trying to figure it out.

With Glitter we use a 60 degree blade. I used the "Cut Test" feature on the Expert to get my blade depth settings. I got it set so it cuts through the glitter and just creases the backing.
When we install it we use the VLCD program to set the offset to .50 and the blade force to 170g. The setting the force may be unnecessary as I think Great cut can set it too, I set it just because it's there. After i hit the update button I hit the Read Parameters button to make sure it took.

After the VLCD part is done I export the art work from illustrator to Great cut. I use the Mirror along-y button in Great Cut to reverse the image for cutting. Then I position it where or how I need it then hit "S" to send it to the next step.

On that next menu my settings are Pressure = 170 Speed = 20 and I have "Sort before output" checked. There is a preview button on this window that I use to add weed lines if needed. Very handy but be careful, if you hit the "Enter" key on your keyboard while in the preview window it sends the job to the cutter.

Hope this helps

· Registered
10,342 Posts
60 degree blades from clean cut blades. Slow down the speed, reverse cut, up the pressure and the blade will need to be slightly extended.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.