T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Hi there! Did you know that Specialty Graphics is now offering his house glitter vinyl in 12x20 sheets, and he's added 10 new colors, including neons! I have not actually used his glitter but from what I hear it's comparable to Glitter Flex and Glitter Flake, and besides Specialty Graphics has never steered me astray!

· Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the reply...I actual just placed an order today with Specialty Graphics for the neon colors. Should get them tomorrow. Stahls however is just a 15 minute drive from me so I prefer to get the vinyl from them when possible to save on shipping.

· Registered
25 Posts
Wow, that is so convenient! I live down in Tallahassee, FLA and the closest supplier to me is either Orlando 3 hours east or Panama City 3 hours west!! Last week I was finishing up a sorority 25th Anniversary Bling Tee, and I ran out of Silver Hematite ... I had it on backorder with Shineart but my rep was sick all that week and never got my order in, so I was stuck here without Silver 16's! I'm still pretty new at this so panic mode set it ... Specialty Graphics came thru for me and got some to overnight, but I did pay dearly for them!!! To rub salt into my predicament, I just found out yesterday that Stahl's is located in Michigan, not too far from where I grew up (Ann Arbor) and lived for a long time after I left home (Royal Oak) ... of course back then I was an accountant and never in my wildest dreams would have believed I would be blingin' t-shirts 20 years later in Tallahassee lol!!! So you live in Michigan? Small world, eh?!

· Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I live in Michigan....it's nice to have Stahls just a hop skip and a jump away. Means I don't have to necessarily keep all of the colors in stock either. I can usually pick my order up a couple of hours after I have placed it. They even carry rhinestones if I need them in a pinch. I'm hoping they will add the neon colors to their glitter flake vinyl line. But if not, Specialty Graphics is just a one day ship and I'll have to order from them for now.

· Registered
1,763 Posts
Yes I live in Michigan....it's nice to have Stahls just a hop skip and a jump away. Means I don't have to necessarily keep all of the colors in stock either. I can usually pick my order up a couple of hours after I have placed it. They even carry rhinestones if I need them in a pinch. I'm hoping they will add the neon colors to their glitter flake vinyl line. But if not, Specialty Graphics is just a one day ship and I'll have to order from them for now.
Thanks for your business and continued interest. Hopefully we will have something for you very, very soon!

· Registered
1,435 Posts
Just got done testing some of the new fluorescent with black light. The new white turns more of a dark purplish under my black light (normal bright whites kind of turn blueish under the same light, which is what our local night club uses). I tried the pink and green and both of them came out looking good.

Sorry for the blurriness/lighting, did it midday and is hard to find a place in my shop where it's completely dark. I just used my cell phone and they looked good at the time I snapped.

If you've used the Glitter Flake vinyl before, it's pretty much the same to work with, although doesn't feel as thick to me?

Attachments

· Registered
986 Posts
Heck I live in Michigan too. I've visited Stahls out there in St. Claire Shores. Siser Easyweed is up in Mt. Clemens Michigan as well. I've spoken with them about selling 24in vinyl rolls for 24in cutters, they said that they are working on it. 😀

· Registered
986 Posts
Okay, I watched that production tip jar video on the trapping technique in Coreldraw, now after you create the Contour, set your offset, and break the curve apart, couldn't you just trim out the blue on top of the Gold and delete the Blue devil piece in gold and have your two separate cut files? It seems like that would be quicker. I have Coreldraw X5

· Registered
1,763 Posts
Okay, I watched that production tip jar video on the trapping technique in Coreldraw, now after you create the Contour, set your offset, and break the curve apart, couldn't you just trim out the blue on top of the Gold and delete the Blue devil piece in gold and have your two separate cut files? It seems like that would be quicker. I have Coreldraw X5
Hi Valdez - probably...I am by no means a Corel expert and there is usually 5 ways in Corel to accomplish the same goal.

The thing you want to be careful of is an exact trim however. You need to have that slight overlap to trap effectively, otherwise the bottom layer may shrink slightly under the heat and you will have a touch time registering the foreground. This will result in some garment show through. Good Luck!

· Registered
986 Posts
Okay I tried the trapping technique, I'll post results so you guys can see. I did have shrinkage on the tack down, so if you can give me an idea how long I should tack the first color down, that will help. I tried it on regular vinyl first before so I can perfect it before I even attempt to do glitter. I just did a trim on the contour, but I may have to experiment with a inside contour instead. I should've cut the transfer into three pieces to get a better registration, but I'll do it next time. These shirts will be put on display at a local incoming seminar I'm participating in. Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

· Registered
1,763 Posts
Okay I tried the trapping technique, I'll post results so you guys can see. I did have shrinkage on the tack down, so if you can give me an idea how long I should tack the first color down, that will help. I tried it on regular vinyl first before so I can perfect it before I even attempt to do glitter. I just did a trim on the contour, but I may have to experiment with a inside contour instead. I should've cut the transfer into three pieces to get a better registration, but I'll do it next time. These shirts will be put on display at a local incoming seminar I'm participating in. Let me know what you guys think.
They look great in the photos! The answer to tacking down the bottom layers depends greatly on the material you are using, here is a quick video showing the benefits of using Stahls' Fashion Film and/or CAD-CUT Glitter Flake: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F7D_3Cahbk&list=UUWPDTaot1wqQSbOP3qvEuoA

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.