T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm playing with glitter flake for the first time and working on a design for a customer who wants an Edwardian script on a tank. It looks INCREDIBLE, but the finer details crack when worn because of "the twins." ;) It is only in the finest lines. I'm hoping that if I just increase the width of the lines I'll get better durability. Is there a minimum width I need to use, or are tanks pretty hopeless since they are all very stretchy and tend to be worn snug?

· Registered
23 Posts
Hi Liz-
When decorating rib tanks, you usually want to choose a vinyl that has some stretch to it to keep it from splitting when the tank is stretched.

The Glitter Flake doesn't have much stretch to it, which is why you're getting the splitting. When cutting Glitter Flake, we usually recommend not cutting smaller than 1/16" so I'm not sure if increasing the width of the small lines will help.

You might want to try a different, thicker font or a vinyl with stretch for this garment.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.