T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you have a customer come in for a quote, if they don't purchase, how do you give them a quote? Do you have quoting software or are you just writing it down on a blank slip of paper or the back of business card?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
When you have a customer come in for a quote, if they don't purchase, how do you give them a quote? Do you have quoting software or are you just writing it down on a blank slip of paper or the back of business card?
I use Quickbooks to track all of my quotes. Also, I put the statement "Quotes are based on general info from customer and is subject to change at anytime".

Start with Quickbooks Simple Start because it is free then when you get over 5 customers you can upgrade. You can also setup a misc customer and manually type in random customer names to start.

·
Registered
101 Posts
When I quote a customer, I use a blank sheet of copy paper. I ask how many colors they want to print on the front, how many on the back, how many shirts they will be ordering, and what color shirts do they plan on going with? I have a formula that I have used to make a chart for pricing. I pull up my chart, show them right there what my pricing is, write it all down for them on that sheet of paper. Now, if they want me to honor that quote in the future they have to bring that back to me when they order. If they don't, well, it's not my fault. I tell them that's how I do it so they know if they want me to honor that price they have to keep up with that sheet of paper. Now, if it's a regular customer I'll take their word for it, LOL.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
I've got an Excel spreadsheet I downloaded from someone awhile back, and edited it to suit my pricing. If someone calls, I usually go online to check the price and availability of the shirt, plug that into the spreadsheet along with the number of colors and positions, and then check the figure that comes up for that quantity. The biggest issue I have with doing quotes is not having access to the art they want, and trying to get them to email it to me. When I don't have it, I always add the caveat that the prices quoted are based on such-and-such artwork, and that I'll confirm the quote after receiving the art to confirm suitability to print and the number of colors needed to actually do the job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts