T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
177 Posts
Elena just cut some Siser glitter vinyl and it cut easy and applied fine.

Renae, you want a machine to cut heat transfer vinyl. My ex-wife bought a Silhouette Cameo 3 and she's very happy with it. She chose it over the Cricut because that one requires that you be online to use it. There's also the GCC i-Craft. I suspect most here, that don't use a "professional" cutter, use a Cameo. You can get one for a little over $200.

After cutting the vinyl you need to apply it. This requires heat and pressure. Some vinyl applies at a temperature low enough that it can be applied with an iron. These include Siser Easyweed, Joto 4-in-1, and Thermoflex Turbo. Glitter vinyl generally requires a higher temperature and should be applied with a heat press. A heat press would give better results with the other vinyl, too.

Chinese-made heat presses, with no warranty or dealer support, can be bought on ebay for as little as $200. Prices, and hopefully quality, go up from there, with really good ones going for about $1500.

There are a lot of videos on youtube that can help you get started.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Elena just cut some Siser glitter vinyl and it cut easy and applied fine.

Renae, you want a machine to cut heat transfer vinyl. My ex-wife bought a Silhouette Cameo 3 and she's very happy with it. She chose it over the Cricut because that one requires that you be online to use it. There's also the GCC i-Craft. I suspect most here, that don't use a "professional" cutter, use a Cameo. You can get one for a little over $200.

After cutting the vinyl you need to apply it. This requires heat and pressure. Some vinyl applies at a temperature low enough that it can be applied with an iron. These include Siser Easyweed, Joto 4-in-1, and Thermoflex Turbo. Glitter vinyl generally requires a higher temperature and should be applied with a heat press. A heat press would give better results with the other vinyl, too.

Chinese-made heat presses, with no warranty or dealer support, can be bought on ebay for as little as $200. Prices, and hopefully quality, go up from there, with really good ones going for about $1500.

There are a lot of videos on youtube that can help you get started.

WAITING! Thank you so much for your time and patience. I really want to get started with this. I just didnt know where to go!

· Registered
177 Posts
I only spoke to the heat transfer vinyl part. Spangles and sequins (they're different) are another way to add bling and may be what you're looking for. I don't know much about those, other than that they are shiny and/or sparklie dots, maybe Mike (mfatty500) can enlighten both of us.

· Registered
1,892 Posts
Sure, the Spangle is different from a Sequin, as it has no hole and no thread. It is sparkly as all get out. It is an expensive machine, if you have not had any experience with any decorating, then this might not be for you. I think you need to have some experience before jumping into this type of decorating, as it, like anything else can have it's learning curve. It has it's own stand alone software that has to be used with the machine. It can be used with Corel Draw (which I use) & Illustrator. But not with the hobby type of software, such as Crickets & Cameos. I also use Graphtecs for the vinyl portion of the business. I can also make the Spangle transfers, for you ONLY if you have professionally used heat press equipment. You cannot use a household iron to apply the transfers.
And no, I don't work for the distributor of this machine.

https://coldesi.com/spangle-machines/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.