T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was just wondering how gildan ultra heavyweight and hanes beefy tees compared to proclub shirts? Unfortunately at www.ounce.com.au proclub isn't offered so I'm trying to find the next best thing. I'm after urban (hiphop) style tees just like the proclub line but it seems the 2 shirts mentioned above are the closest ounce has to offer. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would I have to order in a huge amount for them to source in proclub? Initially I'm only looking to get 29-30 so i can see if it's actually what i want.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
They're nice folk. Even if they can't order on that number, they may know of another local importer who already stocks them.

You could even lie a little...say you're planning to use them as your printers, but need to source proclub...they'll go balls out to find them for you.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I have been using Gildan 6.1 but I had to go to local Tee shirt store for additional stock and they had the pro line. I bought a few. I found them to be a little heaver and the neck to be tighter. I like them and may switch.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
I think Hanes Beefy Tees are better t-shirts than proclub. Softer, with ringspun cotton, good sizing, good construction.

Not a big fan of gildan myself, but I think they might be comparable to proclub.

I bought my proclub samples from ebay.

·
2,957 Posts
If you are going after the urban wear market, I personally don't think Haynes Beefy T's will do the job.

ProClub has different styles of shirts. Heavyweight, Activewear, and differents sizes such as extra tall. The weight and feel of the heavyweight compared to the activewear is vastly different. I think both of them are better than the beefy t's, though.

If I had people in the urban wear market take the "pepsi challenge" of shirts, put the same label on proclub and haynes, have them try both on, I'm pretty sure the majority would take the ProClub over the Beefy T. I don't think it would be close.

So it all depends on the market you are trying to reach. If it's urban, I say Proclub beats the Beefy T.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
I've seen many t-shirts in the urban market printed on Hanes Beefy tees.

It comes down to a personal preference in the end. I'm very familiar with the urban market, and I've worn Hanes Beefy, Proclub, major brands with custom manufactured garments (phatfarm, enyce, platinum fubu, etc). I think proclubs are not as soft as Hanes Beefy and most of the ubran t-shirts are softer than proclub.

Although the proclub "tall" line is a bit longer, I think it depends on what you and your customers will like. The tall I tried didn't seem that much different.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Speaking of phatfarm, enyce etc. what kind of shirts do those companies use, I'm guessing they manufacture their own shirts? With regard to ounce.com.au they aren't able to source in proclub for me so I'm stuck trying to decide on a shirt that might suit my needs, ideally i'd go for proclub but that's not an option anymore unless someone knows of a proclub wholesaler that ships overseas? If you guys have visited www.ounce.com.au what would you say would be most similar to proclub shirts? At this stage I feel inclined to go with beefy tees? Thanks for all your input :D

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
epox said:
Speaking of phatfarm, enyce etc. what kind of shirts do those companies use, I'm guessing they manufacture their own shirts?
Yes, the large companies like that have their garments custom manufactured (usually in Asia somewhere according to the labels).

·
Registered
243 Posts
I get people from China always wanting to send me their stuff. I never seem to get it? Not sure of the exact trade issues?

I’ve also gotten samples from India and Japan… they can keep the stuff. When it comes right down to it… if you’re not contracting with the BIG boys… you’re not going to get their quality.

You can find some, but try getting a consistent product consistently. Never seems to work out. There’s a nice niche in there somewhere… but I’m pretty sure it’s a factor of $$$.

·
Registered
31 Posts
CoolHandLuke said:
I get people from China always wanting to send me their stuff. I never seem to get it? Not sure of the exact trade issues?
if i'm not mistaken there's an embargo on selected fabric based product. from what i know, they will ship it somewhere neutral before shipping it to the States. from my knowledge, minimum order is a container (20 or 40 footer).

anybody has links to ProClub?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Gildan is probably my least favorite shirt. I own a few and the fit is really weird. Large collar and flared sleeves. Beefy-T is a better fit in my opinion, but on occasion the collars are bit tight or high.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I have a love/hate relationship with Gildan....I think they're perfect in many ways.....but what are those flared sleeves about?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts