T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been ordering my shirts Atlantic Coasts Cotton the gildan 6.1oz and yesterday a man came in and the whole entire underneath of the shirt was ripped and then on top of the arm the shirt was un threading the whole shirt was just about to fall apart...does anyone know if there is a better brand of t-shirt out there that i should start ordering ???

·
Registered
996 Posts
Re: Gildan T-shirts

I've heard of that happening. One of my customers had a seam under the arm let go and only after about three washes. I'm thinking Hanes or Anvil. People have been complaining about the quality of Gilden lately.

·
Registered
214 Posts
The Gildan 2000 has been our stock t-shirt for years and I haven't noticed any issues with quality. I like the Port & Company PC61 but Sanmar is a two day ship to my location and the Gildan's are available next day from three or four distributors.

I would call the vendor and ask if they have had any other complaints with the Gildan T's.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I haven't had any come back, but I do have a G2000 that I printed for myself that is coming apart after only a dozen or so washes.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I have been using Gildan since forever and I have yet to have one come back falling apart. I do have some Anvil that are doing that though. Not really falling apart as you described but with each wash a bunch of pins holes. Could be snagging in the washer but the Anvil seems to be the one tees this is happening to.

Add* I also use Hanes and sometimes Anvil but not often.

·
Registered
616 Posts
not t-shirts but I have about given up on Gilden sweatshirts. The neck bands and wrists band are sometimes just awful . Not sewed on totally - crooked, seems in a bad location pilling

But I am finding with any brand is the problem is coming from the location they are made. I am avoiding any thing from Pakistan. The quality of things I bought was awful should have sent the whole order back

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I have used Gildan T-shirts for years and never experienced a problem with them. I have also used Jerzees and (Anvil - 100% cotton) also and never no problems with shirts coming apart.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have used gilden 2000 for 5 years and have had around 5 shirts come back for the bottom seam coming out. Not bad for as many as I have used. All of them have be a colored shirt.No whites have come back.

·
Registered
23 Posts
what color was the shirt? what application was it used in? (landscaping company, camp t-shirt, etc)
what was the country of origin of the shirt?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
i have never seen the seems coming apart after a few washing..but what i have noticed in the gildans is stains, i would guess kind of like oil stains..they appear as spots about the size of a dime.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts