T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All
I walked into a local competitor's store and saw a Gildan color swatch display that had small Gildan t-shirts on a cardboard hanger. Does any one know where I can get a display like that? I even called Gildan and they have never seen them??
Has any one seen this display?

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Gildan has never seen one?! That's pretty strange, since I have one from them.

Assuming we're talking about the same thing, it's a swatch book. Just a standard colour swatch book that you'd order from them to show you the fabric samples. Letter size or thereabouts with holes to put in a binder.

They used to be square swatches but they moved over to t-shirts some time in the last year or two.

I'm guessing either you were just having a miscommunication issue between the two of you, or the sales person you were talking to is an idiot. Or I suppose they might not supply them directly so their sales people aren't aware of them. But that would make no sense.

Anyway... yes... you want a swatch booklet... in theory any distributor should be able to supply you with one.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the booklet that you mentioned.
The one I saw is some what like a box about 3 feet wide with a carboard tube. Through the cardboard tube you have coardboard hangers that have small t-shirts. All of the Gildan colors are diplayed. The shirts are roughly about the size of a person's hand. My daughter even wanted some of the shirts for her stuffed animals.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Ah, okay, my mistake; thanks for the extra information.

Hmm. Sounds like something they might have made themselves? Or did it look more 'official' than that?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It really looked more official. I even called Gildan and they sent me the one that you mentioned. It looks more like something that you would have at a store.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I have seen this same thing at Broder Brothers. Or maybe it was the Anvil colors ... can't remember. But they were tiny little shirts on tiny little hangers ... so I know you're not making this up. ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
The display unit you are referring to is their mini t display. Their distributors now sell them for 90$ each. Gildan keeps record of your name, address and each year will send you updates of color additions and deletions and new mini t-shirts in the colors they add.
They also have other promotional items you can buy like a case of 72 assorted mini t-shirts for $65, a cse of actual full szied T-shirts in eveery color they offer for $85 and other things.
If the distributors are unable to help contact Gildan at [email protected] and they can sort you out.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The display unit you are referring to is their mini t display. Their distributors now sell them for 90$ each. Gildan keeps record of your name, address and each year will send you updates of color additions and deletions and new mini t-shirts in the colors they add.
They also have other promotional items you can buy like a case of 72 assorted mini t-shirts for $65, a cse of actual full szied T-shirts in eveery color they offer for $85 and other things.
If the distributors are unable to help contact Gildan at [email protected] and they can sort you out.
thanks. do they have phone#.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi there,

I have the GILDAN USA Color Guide 2008 which is really cute because the swatches are shaped like a t-shirt and you can see and feel the fabric. You can get this free from t-shirt vendors (see our list of preferred vendors on the left side of the site).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all. I am new to this site and like what i see so far. I too am looking for the mini t-shirts that Gildan has to offer. i was told that they were available at the US site but need a US address to have them sent over to me. Looking at the dates to these e-mails regarding this topic they were a few years old.
is there any new advice, information that will help me?

thank you very much and looking forward to exploring this site with you all.

·
Registered
23 Posts
if you want to order one and are not in the USA Gildan's European distributors have access to them as do their Canadioan distributors. The easiest way to get one is to ask your local/preferred wholesale distributor
The other alternatives are
1) go to Gildan Activewear and fill in the order form. The mini t displays cost 90$ US but many other items listed are free
2) send an email to product[USER=58753]@Gil[/USER]dan.com giving your infromation and someone will contact you
3) call 1-877-445-3265 and ask for Linda King.she will handle your request directly

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm wondering if there is currently ANYWHERE to buy this MiniT Display or Selection of MiniTs by Gildan OTHER than directly from Gildan. After talking with several blank t-shirt suppliers, it seems they can no
longer get them for me. I'm told you can ONLY order them through Gildan. I've done this.
It is a VERY slow process they have in place. VERY VERY SLOW!
I have always ordered them through my supplier but GILDAN no longer supplies them with them.
Would really like to know if there are places to buy them other than directly from Gildan?
Thanks!

·
Registered
264 Posts
[media]http://www.sanmar.com/images/gildan_mini_display_L.jpg[/media]

·
Registered
264 Posts
Sorry - thought I was giving you a page link. This was from the sanmar site

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sorry - thought I was giving you a page link. This was from the sanmar site

Thanks for tryin' but I've checked with SanMar and they don't have them available anymore. Gildan doesn't supply them to 'em anymore.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Raising this from the dead:

Just wondering if the shirts have the names of the colors on them?

Sometimes it's hard to tell one shade from another.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts