T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have seen Gildan Ultra Cotton tees at stores, printed, that are pigment dyed ( I can tell because the tag is similar color to the shirt). Can anyone tell me if Gildan offers these pigment dyed, or is someone else buying them undyed then dying them?

thanks
Ed

· Premium Member
51,818 Posts
Hi
I have seen Gildan Ultra Cotton tees at stores, printed, that are pigment dyed ( I can tell because the tag is similar color to the shirt). Can anyone tell me if Gildan offers these pigment dyed, or is someone else buying them undyed then dying them?

thanks
Ed
I think Gildan also sells "Prepared for Dye" t-shirts which are white that other companies can dye once they get them.

I have a t-shirt from fishboy or a similar company that has the tag dyed and I'm sure it was dyed "aftermarket" and probably not by Gildan.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the two replies. I really like pigment dyed shirts, and have been purchasing from Chouinard. I have tried District Threads, also.
The Gildan that I see pigment dyed seem very attractive to me. Does anyone know if there is a "dyehouse" that sells Gildan shirts dyed?

Again, thanks for the info
Ed

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks Wobblez. I emailed S&S and they told me the P500 is their Gildan pigment dyed. It doesn't show up on their website products, but when I entered P500 in a search it came up. Pricing was in the $3 dollar plus range.
Thanks again
Ed
Peande Shirts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.