T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone printed on both the Gildan G2000 and G5000?
Any noteable difference in the shirt and print quality(other then the weight)?

Which do you prefer?

TIA :)

·
Registered
996 Posts
When you say print, I assume you mean transfers? I use both and both print great. Either vinyl or (I use JPSS) transfers do fine.

Reactions: scg

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I started printing (screen printing) on the G5000, but have made the complete switch to the G2000. There is a noticeable difference. If I am going to print on a 5.3 oz then I will just go with a G8000 50/50.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We do DTG printing mostly these days.

I thought the lighter weight might be better for summer weather but quality of the shirt and print is the most important.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Troy: A question for you....Do you find that more people are asking for the lighter weight? I promoted the 200 for its heavy duty and 100% cotton and a lot of customers say it's to heavy. Go figure. What's your opinion?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Troy: A question for you....Do you find that more people are asking for the lighter weight? I promoted the 200 for its heavy duty and 100% cotton and a lot of customers say it's to heavy. Go figure. What's your opinion?
Agree 100%... I have customer request the 8000's for either summer months or if they do not want them to shrink as much.

A lot of people like the 2000 because of the thickness = quality in their mind and warmer for winter.

I just did a few hundred for baseball jerseys and I went with 8000 because it would be a little cooler. I also have a local painter that request 2000's in winter and 8000's in the summer.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
We do DTG printing mostly these days.

I thought the lighter weight might be better for summer weather but quality of the shirt and print is the most important.
I don't really know anything about DTG, but I would think that 8000's would be better option then (if DTG will print on 50/50). In my mind 5000's and 8000's are equal with the exception the 50/50 8000's will not shrink as much as a 100% cotton.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I don't really know anything about DTG, but I would think that 8000's would be better option then (if DTG will print on 50/50). In my mind 5000's and 8000's are equal with the exception the 50/50 8000's will not shrink as much as a 100% cotton.
DTG printers require 70-80% cotton content or higher, the higher the cotton content the better looking the print since the textile ink will only adhere to the cotton.

Hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts