T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just ordered some shirts from my local screen printer. They said I could bring my own blanks or they could supply. I let them handle it. They said they have great luck with Gildan. So I went with the 6.1 100%.

My question is...Is this shirt ringspun? I remember reading somewhere on here about that being the softest. I really love the feel of the Hanes Beefy 6.1 which is ringspun and I'm hoping the Gildan is comparable.

Thanks
Randy

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Re: Gildan 6.1

Double needle stitched neckline, sleeves and bottom hem
PFD: Prepared for Dying (Style 2000 specifications with cotton thread)
Pre-shrunk 100% cotton 6.1 ounce
Quarter turned
Seamless collar
Shoulder-to-shoulder taping
Adult: S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL, 4XL, 5XL

I dont think so.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Re: Gildan 6.1

Nope, the Gildan is not ringspun. Hanes Beefy, Jerzees Zt, M&O Knits are all ringspun tees (as well as AmericanApparel, AlternativeApparel, etc)

·
Registered
282 Posts
I use the Gildan 2000 100% cotton in white and orange.

No, not ringspun. But reliable quality, tried and true and considerably less expensive than Hanes Beefy T (especially for colors and 2XL).

Also Gildan 2000 usually on sale with one of the wholesalers (not this week when I needed more tees:( so went with Beefy T's which were 20-cents more per shirt from statonwholesale.com)

When on sale, alphashirt.com has great case pricing (72 pieces)
for Gildan.

When you get into quantities saving 10 or more cents
per shirt starts adding up.

All a matter of what you'll be retailing at too.
Personally I like soft ringspun but not if it eats into my profit
and Gildan works fine....no complaints.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Thanks Darrell! Tear away label sounds cool. I'm going to have to check them out (although they are a bit more expensive than the M&O Knits)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts