T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi Cory. I only use swingaway presses for sublimation and have never had any problems.

Not quite sure why you are taping your transfers to the tees? My method is to align the tee, lay protective teflon sheet on top of the transfer and press. When time is up, ease the initial pressure off then lift straight up and swing away the platen. Perfect results every time.

Only thing I can assume, is that you've got so used to clam presses, you just need to adapt your technique to swingaways.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I have never used Wilflex, so not totally sure what it is. I would have assumed that any type of spray adhesive would create a physical barrier between the transfer and the garment fabric? Sublimation ink requires direct contact with polyester for the molecules to be able to migrate into the pores of the fabric.

Does the Wilfex evaporate when heat is applied, or would the transfer still be stuck to the shirt when the press is opened? Just curious..?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Any word on a attachment or gadget for the press that would keep the press perfectly straight (not allowing platen to swing right) until it was raised up to the top or at least a an inch or so.
If your upper platen is swinging out like that, it would indicate that your press is not sitting level. You can remedy this with the adjustable feet. My swingaway presses sit on cut up mouse mats to keep them totally stable.

Still not sure why you using tape though. The weight of the transfer paper is enough to hold it into place. :confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.