T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Have you tried pressing without the tape? The tape might have a tendency to curl a little after you heat it up and cause the paper to shift.
You might also have the press set up to apply too much pressure making it difficult to control when you open it and causing the unit to "jump" a bit. Ease off the pressure to the point where you can open it without jerking it.
Finally check your paper or fabric for shrinkage. measure the paper before and after you press it (both length and width) and do the same with the fabric. If they do, the shrinkage is the likely cause for the ghosting.

If you set up your press correctly and your fabric or paper don't shrink you shouldn't need neither tape nor sprays.

Milabix

·
Registered
51 Posts
Cory,

what you are going through is quite common as we all come across some stumbling block that makes no sense every now and then. In my experience when I get stuck on a problem that doesn't make sense and can't seem to solve it is because I am focusing on the wrong part of the process or I have changed something without any doubt in my mind that it could cause an unwanted result.

Try to approach the problem from a logical stand point. The only way you can get a double image is by either a shift between paper and fabric or by printing it. The heat press cannot do this on it's own unless the two platens move on their own while pressing... As you said no one seems to be having the same issue with this press so focusing on the press might be counter productive.

If I where you I would forget everything I did so far and start from scratch. Go back to when you where using the old press and set up your new press exactly the same way. If the old press had a teflon sheet on the bottom use the sheet, if it didn't don't. The same goes for pillows, paper etc... Use the same paper you where using befoe. If you purchased new paper recently make sure it is exactly the same as the one you ordered for years. the same goes for the t-shirts and tape. basically eliminate all variables so that you are left with the press ebing the only new part of the process.

Then select an image that doesn't have too many graphics on it, I would use 4 squares (one for each color, CMYK) that overlap in the center.

Finally press. If the ghosting appears while using the same exact settings on the press before you change anything try to go back in time and look at every aspect of the process and try to remember if along with he press there was anything else you changes (even if it seems irrelevant such as moving to a different room or different table). Basically assume that the press is working perfectly and look for another possible cause.

If the problem persists start looking at the settings on the press, but don't add anything to the process such as additional sheets of paper or pillows. If your sistem worked before it must work now as long as all settigns are the same. Finally post an image of a shirt and the paper we might see something you don't...

Milabix...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.