T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Cory

Instead of taping the transfer you might try using the adhesive spray such as Wilflex. What happens is when you raise the press the suction lifts the transfer slightly then releases it back onto the shirt. The 16 X 20 probably has a little more suction. Just a light spray should solve the problem.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Why don't you try backing off the pressure and leaving out the pillow, instead us a sheet of blowout paper? If you were getting ink onto the paper on the bottom platen then you must not have had the pillow in the middle before, correct? When you release the press the pillow is inflating and moving the transfer enough to cause the ghosting would be my guess.

·
Registered
431 Posts
If you can see the double image on the paper I would guess that either you are getting it from the printer or that you are getting blow out from too much ink or not enough pressure. Sometimes the ink will blow out of the boundaries causing it to leave an image where it isn't supposed to. Does the pillow have any wrinkles where the pressure would be less than even? Does it always occur in the same place on the pillow or the same place in the image? What are the printer settings? Have you checked the press for flatness?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Since it happens with 2 different printers the problem is probably in the pressing. Since it is a "perfect double image" I hate to tell you this but it has to be moving in some manner. Either the shirts are shrinking or the pillow is causing some movement. The first thing I would do is to get rid of the pillow, not the teflon on the bottom of the press. The only sensible explanation seems to be either expansion or contraction while pressing. Which all leads back to the pillow. Even if you used it with the other press. The straight up action of the swing away is different than that of the clamshell allowing for expansion when released.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.