T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Are you using a service to download your files? Are you sure the file you're opening is an .ai or .eps file?

*Not trying to say you're stupid* Are you just finding "clean" art and assuming it's vector (I had this happen to a friend). Just because it's high quality or clean doesn't make it vector.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's from Free Vector Art and Graphics and downloads to a Zip File. The "stupid" thing's okay....I do kinda feel that way right now. I've also run into this problem with customer art. I just assumed when it says download here that it's ready to go.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Can you give a link to one of the files so that I can download it to look at. I can then tell you what the problem is.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
gO TO THAT SITE AND DOWNLOAD THE FREE GOMEDIA SAMPLE PACKS. OOOps sorry for the caps. The packs should be AI or AI eps. import them into Corel. Your link was an RSS feed from probably
gomedia on an application. The feed may only contain bitmap samples.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
When you go to the folder to import, is there more then one file per graphic? I know alot of times files will come with a jpeg and an .eps , make sure there is not another file in the folder that you are missing that may be the eps file. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Ok...I got it open in Flexi imported as all readable files. It looks like a bitmap but its masked. I see what you are getting in Corel so I am going to play with the import filters a bit. There are vector files there for sure. In the meantime go download pack number 8 and I bet you have no problems.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm definitely using Corel Draw. I just went back to the site and downloaded another of their sample packs and it was vector! Looks like it was their mistake. Thanks everyone for all your suggestions :)
K

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok...I got it open in Flexi imported as all readable files. It looks like a bitmap but its masked. I see what you are getting in Corel so I am going to play with the import filters a bit. There are vector files there for sure. In the meantime go download pack number 8 and I bet you have no problems.
That would be great David if you could figure it out because it's not the first time I've run into the problem. And you're right about the other samples - no problems at all.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts