T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well.. I have been using a printer who has done work for a few people I know. I started my own surf skate snow clothing line and its going off pretty well so far. The pro of using this printer is that I do not have to pay for my shirts when they are finished I usually have a week to 2 weeks before I pay the money. How ever Today I am told they can not print one of my shirts due to the fact that its in the corner of the shirt. It could be due to the equipment they use. Second I get a batch of shirts today with 4 mess ups. They did credit the messups but Im just not happy with how they can not do the new work I have presented. Its not even detailed it is very simple art. I was wondering if anyone could refer me to an amazing screen print shop with a good cost and also be able to dtg print as some of the stuff Im trying to do would need that type of print job... any suggestions?

·
Registered
557 Posts
If your generally happy with them (sometimes mistakes are made... especially if you try and rush through a job for someone instead of making them wait) perhaps it might be worth looking at a comprimise?

It sounds like the issue may be the location of the print? If so perhaps give them a phone and ask if you can have 10 mimutes of his/her time then head down and discuss it with them (I say call because there is nothing worse than someone who rocks up when your in the middle of a run for a "chat", it also means they can give you their attention). Between you you may very well be able to work out a solution that works for both of you. Maybe just a small change to location/design is all that is needed!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If your generally happy with them (sometimes mistakes are made... especially if you try and rush through a job for someone instead of making them wait) perhaps it might be worth looking at a comprimise?

It sounds like the issue may be the location of the print? If so perhaps give them a phone and ask if you can have 10 mimutes of his/her time then head down and discuss it with them (I say call because there is nothing worse than someone who rocks up when your in the middle of a run for a "chat", it also means they can give you their attention). Between you you may very well be able to work out a solution that works for both of you. Maybe just a small change to location/design is all that is needed!
Well yahh that is what I did. As i picked up one of my orders We talked about the location and what not. They seem to be using a guy for screen printing and they say He either says yes or no the the design. I personally think its the equipment being that I have seen this done many of times on other companies such as billabong, Volcom, Hurley ect.. As for rushing the work i doubt it seeing that they took about a 3 weeks if not more to do just 36 shirts of a shirt they had already done before..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BUmpp Still currently looking for a reputable shop that I can start working with!!!

I need to be able to do overlysized screens such as printing the entire width of shirts or hoodies!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Sounds like you're doing low quantities. No printer will touch a small run of oversized prints.

Are you looking for screen printing or dtg?

Pick up the phone and call printers, and ask them if they are capable of printing your requirements.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well yah i was doing 36 of each design so i could have an entire line to start with rather then one design..

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Just remember, the majority of printers aren't setup to do oversized prints or odd locations. And most don't want to make the investment to get there, since like everything else, these types of prints are a passing fad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts