T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About how long did it take you guys to start breaking even? Does it usually take more than a year? I know it depends highly on how much you market, and alot of other factors, I'm just trying to get an idea of the average time it takes to get the biz self sufficient and stop putting personal checks in.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
About a week to get back in the black. All depends on your marketing methods and business structure.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey,
If you have a large inventory and sell third you should be ok it took me a month
but that was for the shirts,Tranfer paper,ink, three months later I recoverd the cost of my three printers and now i'm even for the press.
Remember, If you want to sell 100 shirts a month your going to have to replace your inventory and if you get a big order you need to be ready to order more shirts. So the margin is a sliding one. The more you sell the more you buy.you must be a excellent sales person and go get the accounts . Give it 4 months
Fred

·
Registered
690 Posts
I'm still way deep in the red, and it has been a couple of months. I think it's going to be that way for the next 6 months or so since we're doing some promotional discounts & giveaways.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I started off in the red, and now I'm in the dark but I'm learning. I would have been in the black but I keep spending the green on more cyan, magenta, yellow and uh, black.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts