T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Getting thin lines across my positives. Anyone know whats goinging on with my printer?

Thx
TB
Tonya,

First make sure it's your printer and not your artwork.

If it seems to be the printer, then you may want to try cleaning your print heads (you can usually find the cleaning setting under your printer properties).

·
Registered
65 Posts
very common problem. Cleaning would be first step. second make sure your rollers are free of debris. If you are still using a laser printer change the toner cartridge as this changes the drum in most cases. If its an ink jet. Clean everyday take it in for a professional cleaning. However I have found that once you start getting the lines they will probably be around intermittently till such time as it becomes such a problem that you purchase a new printer. Most of the printers we use are not really manufactured for commercial use and even though new cartridges mean new print heads. The parts that are permanent to the machine don't wear very well. It's the nature of modern equipment no one want's to pay for someone to build a durable printer that's probably going to be obsolete in 3 years or less anyway.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. I use a E Stylist 3000. I've ordered a referbished one. What kind of luck do you think I'll have with it?
Thx TB

·
Registered
67 Posts
one other possibility beyond clogged heads would be the pizza wheels that are found on many epson printers. these are serrated wheels much like the wheel that you would use to score a pizza.

these wheels keep downward pressure on the paper as it exits the printer but can leave dotted vertical lines on your transparencies if your ink has not dried once it reaches the wheels.

here is a tutorial for removing them: Removing the Ejection Rollers (Pizza Wheels) on Epson Printers

if the lines are horizontal, then this is 'banding' and is caused by clogged nozzeles. one of the best fixes is to move your prinmthead out of the way, soak the park pad that the head sits on with some inkjet cleaner (a good source is Ink Cartridges ~ Inkjet Refill Kits ~ Fine Art Paper ~ Pigment Inkjet Ink ~ Laser Toner ~ Bulk Feed Systems ~ CFS ~ CIS ~ Accessories : Inksupply.com), turn your printer off (so it will park the head) and leave it sit overnight. run some cleaning cycles the next day. don't run more than 3-4 cleanings every few hours else you risk frying your nozzles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts