T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Basically the screen printers I'm going to use have a 10 shirt minimum order per design and I have 5 orders.

I was going to post the tee on here and see if anyone else would like to order one but I realised it was against forum rules.

I seem to be in a cycle. I need a webstie to show off my work but I don't have any work to show off, then I need a site to build hype and so on.

Any advice? 5 orders so far are from friends who love the design?

The design is in my sig.

If you'd like to buy it please PM me.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
At some point you have to take a leap of faith and invest in what you're doing. A 10 shirt minimum is extremely low - most printers wouldn't even do it. Sounds like you just need to set aside some money from savings and make the order. If it's not worth making that investment in yourself, it's not worth bothering with the t-shirts under other circumstances either.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At some point you have to take a leap of faith and invest in what you're doing. A 10 shirt minimum is extremely low - most printers wouldn't even do it. Sounds like you just need to set aside some money from savings and make the order. If it's not worth making that investment in yourself, it's not worth bothering with the t-shirts under other circumstances either.
Thanks, I have money to order 10 anyway but I would prefer to have orders first lol.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Well, unfortunately, that doesn't happen in this business all the time. Solmu is right on target with his advice. Any business takes some investment and risk. You have to be confident enough in your product to step out on the edge.

And what about the other 5 customers who are waiting for their shirts in the meantime?

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
I would prefer to have orders first
That's where the risk / leap of faith comes in :) While it's possible to pre-order everything, it can be difficult. People are much more likely to make a commitment to ordering when you've made the same commitment (i.e. you have product).

Later, as an established business, people have more trust that there'll be follow through, so it's easier to do pre-orders of a new design. But the easiest way to get established is to have a product you can follow through on and immediately sell to people.

It's a lot easier to let excuses, fear and procrastination get in the way (we've all been there), but in the end anyone who keeps doing that fails to launch anything. There will be a moment of risk in order to succeed - at the least emotionally, and probably financially. Yes, it's all about calculated risk, but personally I don't believe in standing behind the pre-order shield.

I'm going to take the plunge and just order ten next week.
Good luck.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I don't know what you are charging your friends but you can buy blank tees for 1-2 dollars. you should be able to break even if you only pay 15-20 for 10 shirts.

You can't always pre-sell everything.

Philip

1 - 10 of 10 Posts