T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have some otherwise quality shirts with cured plastisol ink stains. I know there are guns that can help with that, but they're pretty expensive from what I understand. I've also looked around online at solvents that supposedly will remove cured ink. Does anyone have any ideas on removing cured plastisol in an economically friendly and efficient manner? Thanks.

·
Registered
169 Posts
You can remove SMALL spots and minor stains with a spot remover gun and solution. Large area of cured plastisol will last forever.
That's not exactly true. While I am sure it is only recommended for small spots etc, I just recently had an issue come up where I had someone remove a screen printed name approx. 1.5" x 6" with a spot cleaning gun. Black ink from a pink gildan shirt.

It may not be recommended and may not work everytime but I recommend trying that if the cost of getting another shirt is too high. No sense in dish ragging the shirt if you can try a spot gun.

Call a local print shop if you just cannot replace the shirt and see if they have a gun and will do it for you. A local shop did it for me for $6 which came out better then ordering another shirt and paying shipping.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Whats the point of using a spotgun then? I have saved alot of money using a spotgun to remove unwanted ink spots.

But when removing a full logo for example is it recommended to wash the clothes before reprint?
yes u can save money like i have said it a pin hole or finger print some extra ink but u will.
if ur removing a full design or logo its not worth it just get another shirt, but if u still want to ( not recommended) just put threw ur dryer and thats it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does anyone sell an arisol can version of the spot remover gun? I do heat transfers in my garage. don't really do enough to justify a gun with air compressor and all.

·
Registered
13 Posts
just found one on ebay for $40.00 free shipping. I have a very low volume need so this should be fine for me. Now where do I get the liquid from?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Keep in mind the pressure needed to remove a fully cured area that big 1.5 x 6 inched may ruin the shirt enough it cannot be redone without notice...:eek:(black on pink?!?) good luck there....

·
Registered
192 Posts
Every image you blow out is uniquely different. I have blown out names and stuff when its a small amount of ink but there are conditions: IF you can blow it our before you run it down the dryer thats pretty easy. If its a single layer of ink, again, that should be doable. You need to be aware that the residue of the dissolved ink will fly around and even though the main image may be gone, there will be a cloud of the ink you removed around the blow out area. Mask off the shirt around the area being blown out and it will save time. There are some concrete exceptions to blowing stuff out like red ink on white shirt? Don't even try it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts