·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have been reading this forum for some time but this is
my first post. I have a situation where I need to help
a customer get rid of (instead of "throwing away") 445
shirts I printed for them. Briefly, I told them not to print a copyrighted logo but they insisted and now their
lawyers tell them not to distribute them. They don't
want to place them in a landfill and I told them I would
see if there are other options...like recycling, etc. Any
of you have experience with situations like this? Your
help would be most appreciated!

·
Registered
804 Posts
give them to the homeless...take them to the shelters....dont give them to the salvation army since they will try to sell them......

b

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies. While it's a great idea to donate them that won't work. Aren't there companies
that will remove the ink and recycle the cotton? :confused:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yes, give them to the homeless. Landfills already have enough shirts! :)

... or print your company's contact information on the back and give them away to potential clients.

·
Registered
804 Posts
your client lost their cash on that..... so dont try to save them a few bucks if they think that they can recoup a few bucks....

carry them in your car and give them to the the homeless folks..... or send them to me and i'll do it....there's alot of homeless folks here

b

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have seen companies buy misprints at pennies on the dollar only to do a heavy print over them. It pretty much requires a chest plate of ink to pull it off.. but it has been done.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've seen tattoos get new art put over them to create a new piece of art. You can also do that with shirt prints. Depending on the color of the shirt and size of the print, you can print a block right on top of the misprint. Course you'll have a ink boxframe but it does beat tossing that many shirts.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
have you thought about the logo owner..contact them to see if they will permit to donate...that way your client could at least get a write off..

·
Registered
584 Posts
Good call Charles!

Is there any chance we can see a picture of the shirts? I almost wouldn't mind trying to print over them if the image isn't too large.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
since this is about rescuing shirts...I had 9 polo shirts that I ordered in the wrong color and had the embroidery done over the left chest pocket...oops...too late to get embroider out...these were blue polos..so I cut a oval out of red vinyl..pressed over it..and then used yellow vinyl to make several names of clients pressed a name on each and gave each a shirt...they loved it...and I get tax write off for promotional advertising....Oh..forgot..I put my logo on the inside back bottom

·
Registered
584 Posts
So all shirts you create and give away become tax write-offs as promotional items? Good to know! Do you write-off the cost of making the shirt, or the amount the shirt would sell for?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts