T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all,

It's my first time using glitter and i'm stuck....i'm using a purple plastisol glitter and i have some t-shirt to give by wednesday....first the colour itself doesn't stay much on the t-shirt and my client want that purple colour....i'm using a 32 mesh and my result is that the purple doesn't come out it just stay in a fade {very light} purple....is it how it suppose to be or i'm i doing something wrong????:confused:

loads of thanks to you all

· Registered
164 Posts
If the mesh holes were too small you would get the base going through leaving the glitter behind. Is the glitter getting left behind? Get an uncoated screen and use a spatula to scrape some through onto a white piece of cloth. Then as a comparison scrape a little directly onto the cloth and flash them. Is there any difference? Did you stir the ink in the pot? Are you printing onto coloured T shirts that might dumb the colour down?

· Registered
43 Posts
If you're getting the glitter effect that you're looking for but not a strong color I would underbase the glitter with the color that you're trying to achieve. If you're not getting the glitter effect you're looking for than I would still underbase if with a purple that print the glitter on top with a larger mesh count to allow the glitter to flow through to the shirt.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the glitter does go through it's just the colour seemed to stay behind...just touched the print from yesterday and felt the glitter,maybe i should have to put a base coat....is all glitter ink the same,or is there those that can actually put the colour and glitter on the print......oh and i'm printing on light colours {white} t-shirts.....

Again thanks guys and cuz of you all i'm enjoying that job....

· Registered
164 Posts
I think you need to do the sample tests to rule out the screen. I was recently playing with glitter ink (silver) and it was great - although the other inks bled into it where they touched - which I later read was a common problem. I also used a finer purple glitter ink which wasn't so great. The silver was Wilflex Silver Glitter. I used the purple because it was cheap and I was just doing tests and the wide mesh screen was EATING my silver - yum, yum - and it's expensive.
I might be tempted to create a purple and mix this 50/50 with your glitter ink. If not then it's probably down to an underbase.

· Registered
43 Posts
putting an underbase of the color is a very common solution. To allow the glitter to show up well on the shirt the base has to be a semi transparent so we always put the matching base color to allow as much of the glitter to show with out making it look dull.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.