T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Seems like millions of designs on CafePress. Over 69000 designs about Obama. I'd like feedback on what strategies you've found most successful in driving customers to your CafePress stores. I know they have a tutorial that may address this some but you folks have the direct experience.
Thanks,
Huey

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have had the most success with the shotgun approach of guerilla marketing. Choose your targets carefully but don't be afraid to pull the trigger... a lot. Exposure is the key. The tutorials on the site for SEO and tagging your images are helpful but I think there is even more valuable information available from the successful shopkeepers (and they are more than willing to tell you about their success).

I suggest networking: twitter, squidoo, facebook, as well as many other SN sites have large cafepress communities. I also get a lot of hits from my blog. Anything that gets your name out there is going to help and time.

I belong to a Squidoo Group that you may be interested in: ASKCP-
Group Invite Page

Good luck,
skeeeeeetz

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Thanks for the info. I've had releatively good success with a few items but need to increase that monthly commission check. I'll look into that Squidoo. Are there instructions on how to create a lens?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had the most success with the shotgun approach of guerilla marketing. Choose your targets carefully but don't be afraid to pull the trigger... a lot. Exposure is the key. The tutorials on the site for SEO and tagging your images are helpful but I think there is even more valuable information available from the successful shopkeepers (and they are more than willing to tell you about their success).

I suggest networking: twitter, squidoo, facebook, as well as many other SN sites have large cafepress communities. I also get a lot of hits from my blog. Anything that gets your name out there is going to help and time.

I belong to a Squidoo Group that you may be interested in: ASKCP-
Group Invite Page

Good luck,
skeeeeeetz
Thanks for this information. I've turned my sights temporarily to listing my website. Reading up on SEO, it seems like a key is getting an external sight to link to my page. Are community members generally in favor of helping in that way? I noticed you've got great positioning on Google. Do you recall how much time it took to get spidered and listed? Thanks again Skeetz. I like your site and designs.
Huey

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks Huey,

Some community members are too in favor of helping but really there are a lot of lenses or web pages out there with links, tools, advise and just generally good information.

I started my site in the middle of June so it has only even been active for less than three-months. I have been actively and aggressively been promoting the shop and trying to get exposure.

gmille- Squidoo will walk you through building a lens. It is rather simple and very user friendly.

Good Luck All!
skeeeeeetz

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Thanks Huey,

Some community members are too in favor of helping but really there are a lot of lenses or web pages out there with links, tools, advise and just generally good information.

I started my site in the middle of June so it has only even been active for less than three-months. I have been actively and aggressively been promoting the shop and trying to get exposure.

gmille- Squidoo will walk you through building a lens. It is rather simple and very user friendly.

Good Luck All!
skeeeeeetz

Ok, I created a lens and joined the group. It may still be listed as a WIP, but I'm working on it. As soon as I get time at home I will go in and put the rest of the groups links in my lens. If I need help with all of this I will send you a private message. I'm going through the 49 tips right now. I have no idea what RSS is but I'm weeding my way through it all.:D

·
Registered
98 Posts
You got some good advice here.
Here are a few things I do not mentioned (unless I overlooked them).
I get a lot of hits (and sales) from my Google Blog. My blog is nothing special. If I add new designs I add that to the blog with a picture. I describe it just like I would on CP. I add to my blog several times a week.

I also hand out business cards that I make at home. I leave the cards in Dr.'s offices, libraries, restraunts, etc.

I make flyers and hang them on public boards (like in the grocey stores).

One of the most important- WEAR YOUR T-SHIRTS!!
When I get comments on shirts I am wearing, I pull out a business card and hand it to them ;)

Good luck

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm not sure is I am posting to the right group for this question. Please forgive me if I am in error, I'm new here.
I have a shop on cafe press. I've been open for a while. I feel like a little fish that has been eaten by a whale.
I'm not sure if anyone is even seeing my store. Should I just get a site on my own?
Here's my site is anyone wants to see it and give some constructive comments. Thanks, LadyTee

·
Registered
98 Posts
You might want to start a new thread with your questions so it doesn't get overlooked.
I don't think you actually need your "own" domain. A lot of shopkeepers don't have one and have many views and make pretty good money. I don't have my own domain name and make ok money.

Do you have a stat counter installed on your store? You can get a free one at www.statcounter.com and also Google analytics. You can see where your visitors are coming from.

You say you've been open for a while. How long is a while?
What are you doing to advertise your shop?

You need more descriptions on your sections and designs. For example for Halloween- as your section description on the store front page, you have "We have your holiday gear"- that has no mention of Halloween t-shirts and gifts, etc. Once you get into the Halloween section, NONE of your shirts have descriptions under them, they just say Halloween. Describe the "scary black cat". The best description you have is for the section of Wolves. ALL of your descriptions need to be like that one. But once you get in there, the description is mainly of your dog. That doesn't describe the design itsself. You need to use descriptive words describing the designs.

Hope this helps you out.

I just noticed you posted the same thing back in October and was pretty much given the same advise I gave you. We are offering advise- it's up to you to take it or not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts