T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seriously considering going into retail locations, and pitching my line to the buyer.

My designs would fit well in stores like Tilly's, which target the younger market.

I have had steady online business, but the brand isn't really "established"... I have a printer, but Im afraid that the buyer may want more than I can handle... what if the buyer is a regional, or national buyer? I doubt I could supply multiple stores upfront.

Financing? Do buyers pay for the goods upfront? Or are there repayment terms based on how my shirts sell? If a buyer wanted more than I could afford to have printed, what should I do? Tell them no? I cant see that as being a good idea...

Any and all input would be awesome!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
If you have shirts that sell and you get a purchase order for more than you can afford to print, there are options. With a signed purchase order a local bank will extend you the money, it may cost you some but at least your expanding. There are also factoring company's that will give you cash but they take a bigger piece of the pie. Don't let lack of funds stop you from going for it! There's always a way.
Best od luck, John

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Typically before a 'retail' buyer commits to purchase a line, although this is not always the case, they will order a test run. If it's a large buyer it can be anywhere from 500 to 3000 shirts and place them in their stores and see if they sell. What you need to make sure is, where will they be placed in the stores, can your audience 'see' the merch, if not they could always say your products didn't sell. It's not that they didn't sell it was just poor product placement.

Regarding financing, Uncle John is correct, once you can place a large order there are a plethora of banks willing to step in and provide A/R financing, as well as, other 'bridge' financing loans etc. Just make sure that you are working with vendors/fulfillment operators right now to ensure there is no interruption in service. Although this will be a lot of work upfront, it will do wonders in the end. Best-o-luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello;
I would like to get my own line of tea shirts going with my own images and designs, can someone answer me where to find manufacturers who will do this, or is this a question that should not be asked here?.

Lucil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts