T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to get some shirts with my own designs, and i do not what it to be heat transfers. i do understand that no one will be willing to do only 5 screen printed shirts for me, i think some people do as low as 25 min.

well, the questions i have are,
- do shops usually accept hi res Photoshop's PSD files as graphics to print, or do i need to make it in one of the vector formats?
- is there certain colors i can or cannot use?
- any tips for creation of graphic that i know will be screen printed for me on a t-shirt?

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Check with the specific printer. Some have outrageous "art" charges to do a conversion to vector.

Lowest printing for reasonable rates I've seen was 12.

You can use any colour you like...remember you'll be paying per colour/screen if it's spot and for 4-8 screens if its process.

Welcome!

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Most quality shops should be able to accept a high resolution PSD file. There is no need to convert to vector to get a good separation and print. As long as the shop you use knows how to separate raster images.

For your minimum amout of shirts your best bet would be to find a shop with a Direct To Garment printer. Will keep your set up fees down to a minimum if any.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I enjoy doing small runs. Its true that you will pay more, But is retail prices wrong for a CUSTOM shirt? i think not. Its like going to a store and getting exactly what you want. Nothing wrong with that!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ffokazak said:
I enjoy doing small runs. Its true that you will pay more, But is retail prices wrong for a CUSTOM shirt? i think not. Its like going to a store and getting exactly what you want. Nothing wrong with that!
that was exactly my thinking : )

thank you for your replys everyone!
i guess i just need to call a few numbers and ask 'em some questions.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
The norm is 12 or 24.

Many though, including myself, will do 6 shirts, even though I usually say my minimum is 12. But keep in mind that you will still have to pay screen set-up fees and quite a bit more for the individual shirts.

The idea of finding someone with a DTG machine is fine, but you may be able to find a screen printer to do them for the same amount of $$.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts