T-Shirt Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Custom DTF Transfers
66 Posts
Try to use a pique shirt. Cut it up to size and do your 2nd press with it. Use hard pressure. It should give you great results.
Yes, cost effective solution. Or to spend a lot more, search for terms including PTFE fiberglass or Teflon coated fiberglass, available in various kinds of textures and mesh, sheets and fabrics.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes, cost effective solution. Or to spend a lot more, search for terms including PTFE fiberglass or Teflon coated fiberglass, available in various kinds of textures and mesh, sheets and fabrics.

You really swear by it? Spent all morning trying to find some at Joane today based on these comments and the lady looked like she was mad at me for being in her store at 9am. Going to get something on amazon I think. Just super impatient and want to try it. Did you find it was just worth it to stick with Pique or do you think the its worth spending the money on something more serious.

·
Registered
Custom DTF Transfers
66 Posts
You really swear by it? Spent all morning trying to find some at Joane today based on these comments and the lady looked like she was mad at me for being in her store at 9am. Going to get something on amazon I think. Just super impatient and want to try it. Did you find it was just worth it to stick with Pique or do you think the its worth spending the money on something more serious.
First, wow, sales lady at Joann was clueless, pique is a very common type of knit. Also, get all cotton, it won't melt, although I doubt you'll have a problem with poly.

You probably have a few old shirts in your drawer or in stock, common in polos. Or next time you order shirts from your distributor, search them for cotton pique, order a size big enough that cut out the back will cover your heat press platen. Probably cheaper than a yard of fabric, plus your time, gas, retail tax, and possible shipping online. Or Walmart, just google what pique fabric looks like before you go..

Also, the textured cover fabric is just part of the solution DTF hand solution. You may not see a big difference with that alone, read my other suggestions too.

Finally, pique is not the only fabric with a texture, but a good example of a common one (that is also not thick, inhibiting heat transfer, or leave a pattern, like duck canvas for example, idk how much a these factors matter, maybe none.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
First, wow, sales lady at Joann was clueless, pique is a very common type of knit.
I think the OP was looking for textured Teflon, which is surprisingly difficult to find.
The regular fabric cover sheet is something I often suggest as well.
Thin denim fabric will work as well.

·
Registered
Custom DTF Transfers
66 Posts
I think the OP was looking for textured Teflon, which is surprisingly difficult to find.
... Did you find it was just worth it to stick with Pique or do you think the its worth spending the money on something more serious.
also, as I mentioned, PTFE/Teflon coated fiberglass is the search that is easy to find, but crazy expensive and unecessary
...The regular fabric cover sheet is something I often suggest as well.
Thin denim fabric will work as well.
Yes

·
Registered
29 Posts
First, wow, sales lady at Joann was clueless, pique is a very common type of knit. Also, get all cotton, it won't melt, although I doubt you'll have a problem with poly.

You probably have a few old shirts in your drawer or in stock, common in polos. Or next time you order shirts from your distributor, search them for cotton pique, order a size big enough that cut out the back will cover your heat press platen. Probably cheaper than a yard of fabric, plus your time, gas, retail tax, and possible shipping online. Or Walmart, just google what pique fabric looks like before you go..

Also, the textured cover fabric is just part of the solution DTF hand solution. You may not see a big difference with that alone, read my other suggestions too.

Finally, pique is not the only fabric with a texture, but a good example of a common one (that is also not thick, inhibiting heat transfer, or leave a pattern, like duck canvas for example, idk how much a these factors matter, maybe none.
Thanks I did find some tefflon that has a bit of texture in it laying a box from the vendor, def helped a little curious how much more the PIQUE would be. Our heatpresses have "covers" on them to protect the garment. If we are using teflon or pique fabric in between should we remove the heatpress cover?

As for powder changes I will def have to give that a try.I get my glue from Coldesi. Not sure the OEM off the top of my head.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts