T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we have been doing DTF for about four months now.

For the most part we don't hear negative reviews - they are mostly little silly family reunions, photo shirts, etc and I think they are one time use or giveaways.

But for some of our clients we are hearing "got my shirts today - feels like a cheap iron on or decal".

We are having people who we send samples too actually prefer the more pixelated, blurry, rough screen print to the clear, bright, crisp DTF transfers.

Not sure what to tell them?!
We are transitioning our business to 50 or less items ALWAYS gets DTF
(over 50 goes to the screen printing shop).

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the image is 30+ colors and they need 4 items.

So I can not do screen printing.

But they place A LOT of really large orders during the rest of the year so don't want them leaving - these are for some school club she runs and she wants photorealistic art.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So after selling for four months (printed probably 400-500 shirts for 60-70 customers) we have not gotten a single complaint.

Most people tell us they prefer the DTF to normal printing - clearer, less rough, thinner, brighter, faster, cheaper.

But I have a few people making this complaint - I was more trying to figure out how to talk to them about, ease their fears, let them know it's a good process and not just some stick on iron on.
It's going to be something we do a lot - so trying to figure out how to talk to the few people that complain about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts