T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Whoa, so many haters - screenprint and DTG snobs. Yes, one can focus on some of the cons of DTF, but there are also advantages that allow for DTF to occupy a useful space in the marketplace. Don't throw out the baby with the bathwater. There are cons to screen printing and DTG too. The pros and cons comparisons of screen printing, DTG and DTF are discussed many other places. I'm not going to go on that tangent, now, but DTF occupies a great niche in the right circumstances and IMHO will prove to have enduring value in the industry.

I agree with many of the ideas already expressed to reduce amount of ink on the fabric, and agree with suggestions by @DonR (although I'm not quite sure how much change of film would have an effect on the hand, but it can have affect on factors like release). My experience is the type/brand of adhesive powder can have a noticeable effect on hand. Play with increasing temp/time/pressure and be sure to give it a SECOND PRESS with a TEXTURED TEFLON cover to GET THE INK A LITTLE DEEPER into the fabric. Second press may take slight vividness off color, but IMHO opinion, well worth it for softer hand, and likely improved durability.
I've not seen TEXTURED TEFLON - can you suggest a source? I'm no longer doing DTG and I have switched to transfers only. I just did a large solid image and I was not totally pleased with it. I think the textured teflon would help a good deal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts