T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO, I lay down the white, it looks stellar. Time for color but I start to get some bleeds, as if the white and color are mixing, but just in certain areas.

This a pretreatment issue? A speed issue? A drying issue? What?

Any advice or help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
Shirts or missing sweet spot of Pretreat.
Brain is right also give white ink jel time will help image quality. 3 at a time will give best of best quality. This is one of reasons why NeoFamily won all contests. :)
Open secret. :)
But one at time will never do as your picture.
Slight chance of printhead height.
Not ink deposit amount. Not NeoFlex. Not Ink if you use DuPont ink.
Cheers! Beers are on me always.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm using dupont ink I bought from All American. when I do a single test tee, I set the platen to the last spot. My head height is the width of a nickel from the bar to the tee. I'd rather not do a production run if I am going to looks ink quality or coverage.

·
Premium Member
2,443 Posts
Dean..I have had several prints that looked better in production mode. Take one of the shirts that has the ink bleeding issues. Flip it over and print the design in production mode and just see if it helps.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did just that, printed white, then waited for a few, when back and printed color (thanks for the tip through email Dekay) and the prints came out great! seems as on my test, the image was to small and the color pass was too quick to lay down, now when it comes to small breast pocket prints, in production, this may become an issue if my white does not have time to dry fast enough.

How can I adjust the delay time for the second layer?

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
what is happening is when the cmyk pass is printing, it is also printing a highlight white. this additional white ink is bleeding with the black ink. many times, additional white ink isn't necessary on the cmyk pass. you can create a new environment (based off of an existing one so that the profiles remain the same) and set the highlight white to 0%.

or you can create a new environment, but change the white underbase to 1440x720 instead of 1440x1440. in this case, you will want to leave the highlight so you get the little bit of extra white. the traditional "production" mode prints the white underbase at 720x720, and unless you have a great shirt with great pretreat, you will probably be disappointed. but 1440x720 typically gives me enough white assuming all 4 white channels are firing properly.

however, if waiting "x" amount of time fixes the issue, and you want the full hi-res white ink amount, you can change the delay in the QRip settings. click the settings button, then "properties", then "device options" tab, then on the right side there is a box labeled "dry time". you can input how many seconds you want the printer to wait before printing the 2nd layer. there shouldn't be any registration issues when doing this, but for me, i prefer one of the above options.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great post spiderman! Thanks.

Your explanation on the dry time is great, but can you explain in some more detail on how I would change the dpi settings or the highlight percentage in steps? (i.e. what to click on/what to open/where the input boxes are located)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm somewhat familiar with it. I have only messed with it once so far to set up a new platen size, other than that I have not gotten into much else. I suppose I should do some research.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.