T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the questions that is often asked here on the forum is where do I go get business for my using my press. It is my belief and often stated is that you go where can. About a month ago I told you guys that I stopped by a new Portrait studio that was opening in a strip mall (Not stripper Mall) So I signed a deal with him to do his personalized tee shirts. he has been getting me a few jobs. Not a lot but I am happy and so is he. He just notified me that he signed up with 3 hospitals in the area that gives gift bags to new mothers and he has a coupon for a free photos in his studio. He called me and said he expect that both our businesses will see substantial increase. So folks.. You never know what can develop if you make a contact. The biggest mistake you can make is not doing it all.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Can I hear an . . . AMEN!!! . . .

just exactly what I did with the RV company . . and I have had 3 Huge orders with them . .

don't forget to GIVE them FREE samples of other items you might offer

Diane ;)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Congrats lou!

That's kind of the way some of my events are going. My first got us invited to 2 more at the 2nd we were invited to the 3rd which was last Sunday. While we were there a woman came up and asked us to be at their carshow this coming Sunday. It's nice to now people think your product is good enough to ask you to their events.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I applaud you both. Take notes people. There is business out there. But sitting in front of your computer playing poker does not get you work.. Oh eehh wait.. I do that.. But I still get out and seek the places that I feel could make you money.. ahhh the green stuff.. every so often my wife lets me hold it.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I appluad this website/Forum

So many Tips, Tricks, and ideas that is worth it's weight in gold . . . Hooorah!! Rodney

Here's another biz idea . . well, maybe a reminder . . -- don't forget there is market for Memorial Tee's

I just finished up a 70 tee order for a woman that lost her hubby in a car accident . . she stopped by my store, I gave her a few ideas . . she gave me a picture and the FYI she wanted on the Tee's
she asked for a discount -- I gave her a discount + didn't charge any designing or set up fees and gave her free shipping
37 LBS of Tee's shipped for $28.80 (UPS) and delivered in one day (interstate shipping)
1st buyer that ever told me that they Loved me . . L*~

Just don't offer your market that rough language and off the wall slap stick -- bring out that compassionate side also . . .

Diane ;)

·
Registered
303 Posts
It seems harder having your own press then having someone else make them for you and doing the distribution and sales side. But then again, you have more flexiblity and control over your designs.....hmm.....which is better....I think that those who make their own designs must have their own printers. Those who are design-disabled like myself resort to others to design and produce them I suppose. I mention this in another post.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
which is better....
I don't think there is a "better". It's just whatever fits your business needs. Not everyone is cut out for "doing it themselves" and not everyone wants to outsource to a printer.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Well, as long as people enjoy what they do and get to be creative I have no complaints. My point was that I dont use a printer although in the future it may be an interesting and more fun way of doing business. No offense meant to anyone in this forum Rodney.

Nick.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Out of the blue.. who would of thought. last week I was in a t shirt shop that sell a lot of those 5 for 10 tee to get some quick tees for a local client. The lady who owns the place says she sees me there a lot. I told her what I do and she told me she gets request all the time for personalized tees. I have in the last week sold to 4 of her customers and I just sold 3 tees to another customer. Now you say 3 tees not a lot of money. Lets see the tees cost me 98 cents on sale from San mar the paper cost me 70 cents so that is 5.04 cost and I am selling for 14.95 each and that is $44.85 minus $5.04 so that is $39.81 cents profit for about 30 minutes work. You keep doing stuff like that and it adds up.. it pays for things.. Lou

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
No offense meant to anyone in this forum Rodney.
I don't think anybody took offense to it at all :)

I was just trying to answer your question to say there really isn't a "best" solution that fits everyone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts