T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im using neenah transfers for lights with a epson pigment ink printer and when I print on the paper it comes out dull it's not bright at all and when I transfer onto a shirt after I heat press it it is not soft it's completely hard and there's residue left over and I'm following all of the directions correctly has this happened to anyone else? My digital images are completely dull unusable i will attach pic of my image and then how it looks pressed you can feel it on shirt its almost sticky and hard this has happened on many.

Any help is appreciated thank you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Do you have a color profile for the ink and paper you are using? For accurate prints you need to turn off color management in the printer driver and tell your graphics application to manage the color using a profile for your paper/ink combination. That will print as close as possible to what is in the file. For that to match what is on your screen, your screen must also be profiled.

Is the paper JPSS? It feels a bit stiff before being washed, then has virtually no feel.

Note also that OEM Epson ink shifts colors a bit when heated, but that is not your main issue at the moment.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have a color profile for the ink and paper you are using? For accurate prints you need to turn off color management in the printer driver and tell your graphics application to manage the color using a profile for your paper/ink combination. That will print as close as possible to what is in the file. For that to match what is on your screen, your screen must also be profiled.

Is the paper JPSS? It feels a bit stiff before being washed, then has virtually no feel.

Note also that OEM Epson ink shifts colors a bit when heated, but that is not your main issue at the moment.
Yes it's JPSS i would tell customer to wash it but it says not to wash for 24hours and she needs it for her daughter's birthday tomorrow.

But it feels sticky on the shirt and hard? As for print profile i need to set up color management for sure but i also dont think my xp 446 can handle that digital file i think i need to upgrade.

First tho i need to start off with what you said adjusting settings!

I really appreciate your continuous help on my post lol i get so frustrated when this happens and I can only google so much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.