T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i don't know if this has been posted but i have no idea what to type to look for it.

i have an a3 sized design, and i want to put it on a silk screen. but the only way i remember is getting acetate paper to do the job, but i've asked a whole lot of places and they only do a4 over head paper (which is understandable as to why would anyone need a3 overhead paper) where and how can i get an a3 design on a silk screen?

what i have done so far is get two a4 papers to make it a3, but its a paaaain. one little off set will make the registration usless.

saaave mee!

thank you

·
Registered
372 Posts
vellum is a transparent paper (not as transparent as overhead but for artwork exposure, it works just fine)... most people call it tracing paper. they come in few different thickness.
most copy centers carry them... or you can buy that at Staples or office supplies store.
printing on it is the same as printing on a bond of paper.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool thanks frank, would a normal printer be able to print a3 sheets of that? or would u have to go copy center and ask them to print? if so, how much is an average price for that size print?

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
cool thanks frank, would a normal printer be able to print a3 sheets of that?
If it can print A3, yes.

or would u have to go copy center and ask them to print? if so, how much is an average price for that size print?
It can vary a lot. Could be like $1, but some centres have crazy file opening fees, etc. so who knows.

·
Registered
372 Posts
eek! do u knw if kinkos can do it? on vellum or tracing paper?
yes, kinkos seem to have newer copiers... they should be able to. if a copy machine can take a cardstock then it should also be able to feed vellum or tracing paper on it. get the thickest vellum you can find... don't get the super thin one.

and yes, watch out for fee like "RIP charge" (that's a fee you need to pay for using their computer to print your stuff...$5 or even more sometimes)....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks guys, kinkos prints on tracing paper! sall good. $3aus each. the paper is huge, it fits more than 4 a3 designs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I m sorry but in NYc kinko and staple DOESN'T do anything bigger than letter size, eather way on transparency film or tracing paper,

if you know a printer can print tracing paper roll LET ME KNOW!!
I know that the architect do that all the time..

·
Registered
372 Posts
I m sorry but in NYc kinko and staple DOESN'T do anything bigger than letter size, eather way on transparency film or tracing paper,

if you know a printer can print tracing paper roll LET ME KNOW!!
I know that the architect do that all the time..
in my city, some copy centres copy BLUEPRINT (architecture) drawings...and they can copy too on tracing paper.

and also, in our City Hall, they print and copy same thing because they use blueprints all the time.

check your phone directory, am pretty sure this printer/copier is very common because of the construction blueprints.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts