T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i want to learn more about screen printing. I think im going to apply for a part time job at a screen print shop so i can get more hands on experience. Do you think they will hire a noob? Train the right person for the job? Is screen print some what like rocket science? It seems really hard. way harder then printing and pressing with transfer paper.:confused:... ugh.... p.s i hate my x-gf.. i love her but i hate the way she makes me feel.. lol.. just ranting becuz I would never meet you guys/girls :)

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Screen printing isn't that hard, but I guess it isn't that easy either. A shop may take on someone with no experience (someone has to, right?), but they might not. A n00b who makes stupid mistakes can cost a shop a lot of money (spill a bucket of photo emulsion and there goes $50, misprint ten AA shirts in an hour and that's another $50, etc.), so they may be reluctant.

A lot of trades are like that though. An apprentice jeweller can cost a company a ton, but they still hire them. Can't hurt to apply if it's what you want to do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts