T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everone,
im new to this forum! and i have questions. I would like to start my own t-shirts and i know a girl who is great with designs but i am clueless as to the legalities around getting someone to make designs. Like, i know what i want them to say but i need someone else to design it an dmake it look good, lol. So is there some sort of contract and a approx amount i should pay her or something???

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Great job, Master!

Hi Mercedes and :welcome:

There really are some great threads out there on this, like the threads Master has linked you to. If you do a search on "pay designer" or "hire graphic artist" switch them around "pay artist" "hire designer", with terms like those, you will bring back a good variety on even more discussions on the topic.

Brian/Aperfectpixel once posted a contract that can be used for this. He said he'd send it to anyone who needs it. If you put aperfectpixel in the search box, find him, and look thru his posts, it is there, or pm him if you need to.

Do you also need to "find a designer" or "find a graphic artist"? Those terms will get you there. "Design contest" will also bring up threads on finding artists that way, and in those threads are usually information to the sites were you can find designers, not using contests.

One thing I will mention is you should make sure you get the copyright in the "sale" of the design. The designer retains copyright unless they specify they are transferring it to you in the sale. You paid for it, get it, then you own it forever and can do anything you wish with it.

Good luck to you. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts